Black Sand Tours are aimed at hikers, surfers, backpackers, families and anyone with a sense of adventure. None of our photos are marketing – we take hundreds of pictures every single tour, and make them available to our customers for free.
We collect you at 10:00am from the central Auckland. You will spend six hours with us (drop-off between 3:30 – 4:30), visit two of the locations above in a day. Customer preference for locations is heavily weighted in choosing the locations.
Lunch is not included, but we stop on the way to let you purchase sandwiches / coffee etc and we eat in amazing scenery. Activities vary at each location, depending on the weather conditions (surf, tides, wind, rain) and the group capabilities (fitness, swimming level, etc) but may include them.
The tour is fine for Children over 4 – we promise they will sleep well at night! The tour is fine for elderly people but being able to walk for 30 mins on hills / etc is a requirement so if there are health concerns, message us for a private chat first.
- What Will You Do- Be taken to amazing places you would never find without us
- Have a safe trip as you explore this beautiful coastline
- Get a complete photo-log of your trip with us, included in the price
- Swim in caves, waterfalls, rivers or lakes, cross rivers, snorkel lagoons, hike and practice cliff diving
- Explore caves, tide pools (crabs, sea anemony, jellyfish, shellfish), do some rock scrambling and bouldering
- What Is Included- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off (central Auckland only)
- What Is Not Included- Food and drink
- Any other personal expenses
- TransfersWe will pick you up and drop you off in your accommodation in central Auckland or one of the following locations:
- Peter Pans on Fort Street
- The Stables on Elliot Street
- Sky City Hotel