Listing ID: 69311
Full Day Private Lisbon City TourGet to know all of Lisbon's highlights on this full day private tour, guided by a local and passionate guide. You will get to know everything a Lisboeta knows about their city, learn history and even discover how the Pastéis de Belém are made. The most complete tour in one day! Duration: 1 Day (approx.)
Easy Cancellation - Cancel 3 days before for a full refund
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
Fast booking confirmation
With its 7 hills a blue sky all year round and a mild winter, Lisbon offers the contemplation of wonderful views of the city itself and the river. Your private tour around Lisbon will start in your accommodation. We will pick you up in the morning and show you the highlights of our beloved city.
First let’s visit Belém and taste the famous typical custard tards Pastéis de Belém. You’ll visit the Pastéis’ factory and see how it’s made, even though the recipe is secret. Then we follow our city tour to the Jerónimos Monasteries. It is a monastery of Manueline style, monumental testimony of the wealth of the Portuguese discoveries.
After visiting the monastery, we’ll tour the Torre de Belém and Monument to the Discoveries. The Torre de Belém was strategically built on the north bank of the river Tagus, between 1514 and 1520, to defend the bar of Lisbon, is one of the jewels of the architecture of the reign of D. Manuel I. The pattern of the Discoveries was erected initially in 1941 for the exhibition of the Portuguese world.
Next, we’ll cross the 25 de Abril Bridge and visit the statue of Cristo Rei. The Sanctuary of Christ the King is one of Lisbon’s ex-libris. The idea of its construction appeared in September 1934, after Cardinal Cerejeira, Patriarch of Lisbon, visited Cristo Redentor on the top of Corcovado, in Rio de Janeiro.
At lunchtime, your guide will recommend a good Portuguese restaurant so you can taste the typical Portuguese cuisine (at your own expense).
The next visit in our tour is the Castle of S. Jorge, considered the most emblematic monument of the city of Lisbon. Conquered by the first King of Portugal D. Afonso Henriques from the Moors, the Castle of S. Jorge is a relevant testimony of the most important moments in the history of Lisbon and Portugal.
Then get ready to visit 3 of the most beautiful viewpoints in Lisbon: Saint Luzia, Nossa Senhora do Monte and Portas do Sol. See Lisbon and its hills through the beautiful views provided by these belvederes. We’ll make a photo stop at the highest point of the city.
Following the tour, we’ll visit Eduardo VII Park, the largest park in central Lisbon. He was baptized in 1903 in honor of Edward VII, monarch of the United Kingdom, who had visited Lisbon the previous year to reaffirm the bonds of friendship between the two countries.
The downtown of Lisbon, also called Baixa Pombalina because it was built by order of the Marquês de Pombal, following the earthquake of 1755, covering an area of about 23.5 hectares. It is located between the Commerce Square, next to the river Tagus, and Rossio and Praça da Figueira. This is our last stop.
And so we finished the city tour to Lisbon. Your guide will drop you off in your accommodation.
- What Will You Do- Visit Jerónimos Monastery, Torre de Belem and the Padrão dos Descobrimentos
- Visit the Factory of Pastéis de Belém and taste the famous sweets
- Get to know the two most important hills of Lisbon and visit the Alfama and Bairro Alto
- Visit the Castle of São Jorge and the most beautiful belvederes of Lisbon, Nossa Senhora do Monte, Portas do Sol, and Santa Justa Elevator
- Cross the 25 of Abril Bridge and visit the Cristo Rei, and have a wonderful view from the other side of the Tagus river
- Visit the Cathedral of Lisbon, National Pantheon, Eduardo VII Park among others
- Explore Lisbon's Baixa Pombalina, Commerce Square, Rossio, Restauradores square, Avenida da Liberdade
- What Is Included- Transportation in touristic vehicles
- On-board service
- Escort Guide
- Travel insurance
- Free Wi-Fi
- What Is Not Included- Lunch
- Entrance to monuments
- Personal expenses and extra / optional activities
- TransfersWe will pick you up and drop you off in Lisbon.
Related Interest Points
Senhora do Monte
Portas do Sol