The Presidential is the crown jewel of Portugal’s railways. Built in 1890, it served the court of King Luís I, hosting the likes of Queen Elizabeth II and Pope Paul VI. And, with all of its original style and magnificence immaculately preserved, it now plies the Douro Valley, linking Porto with the oenological delights of Portugal’s best-loved wine region. This journey runs throughout the month of September and October – you’ll taste your way some of its vineyards’ finest offerings and enjoy a spa retreat hidden among the valley’s beautifully terraced hills. Either side of your trips aboard The Presidential, you’ll enjoy a private tour of Porto’s cultural gems as you stay in palatial luxury. It’s all backdropped by a series of gastronomic experiences, with dinners in Michelin-starred restaurants and on-board lunches cooked by world-famous chefs.
- What Will You Do- The station of san bento: The trip has start and end in the magnificent station of san bento, in the center of porto.
- The travel cabins: Each guest will have right to a travel place - in 6, 3 or 2 place cabins.
- The carriages restaurant: Lunch will be served, through the porto - vesúvio travel, into the 3 restaurant cars - with 32, 20 or 16 places.
- Beyond the best chefs Michelin, the presidential team presents on the board a selection of the best products in the country.
- What To Expect- Presidential train: With departure and return to the port and duration of 9 hours, the presidential travels all the Douro line.
- The best chefs in the country: A selection of the most recognized Michelin star holders.
- 64 gourmet lunches per day: An exclusive, perfect experience for cooks, groups or companies.
- Tasting of 4 dishes: Accompanied by the best douro wines.
- Vintage ports proof: In the most emblematic private double double, in one of the most beautiful lagares of the country.
- Exclusive upgrades: Extra packages in which you can participate in the pisa of the grape or relax for 3 days.
- What Is Included9-hour trip aboard the Portuguese Presidential Train (Porto-Vesuvio-Porto)
4-course tasting menu created by an award-winning Chef
1 travel place (shared cabins 2, 3 to 6 lug.)
1 place of meal in one of the restaurant carriages (tables of 4 pax)
Exclusive access to Quinta do Vesúvio
Port Wine Tasting
Bar with live music on board (on return)
Tea room on board
Exclusive gift bag
Book signed by the Chef
Special prices at partner hotels