Pick-up can be done anywhere in the island, and the tour is tailored to the custumers interests and needs, avoiding the rush hour from all the excursions and stopping whenever the costumer wants to take pictures or just enjoy the view. Start the day at Ribeira Brava, a small and cosy fisherman’s village. Then drive towards Ponta do Sol, another small village by the sea. Ponta do Sol is the sunniest place in Madeira, and from here you’ll go along an old road and drive through a waterfall, usually filled with laughter and excitement from everyone who’s on board. Arriving at Madalena do Mar it’s time for a pit-stop and a visit to a banana plantation. Leaving the small village of Calheta, the next stop is to visit Engenho da Calheta, one of the two sugar cane factories still producing honey, sugar and rum on the island. The best time to see it operating is between April-May.
Continuing the journey uphill towards Paúl da Serra, arrive at Madeira’s largest and most extensive, approximately 24 square kilometers plateau, making this yet another change of scenery. Around 1,500 meters above sea level, this is the island’s most important water reserve, slowing its infiltration from a big part of the rainfall and decelerating its flow to the sea. On a sunny day it’s possible to see both the north and south coast.
Porto Moniz awaits, and it’s now time to have lunch. After the meal, walk around this beautiful village, and see the natural rock pools. Cruise through Seixal to see the Bride’s Veil waterfall, which falls directly into the sea. São Vicente is ahead with more stunning views over the Laurissilva, as the drive takes you up to Encumeada, 1,000 meters above sea level. Serra D´Água valley will be the last stop of this incredible day to drink the famous Poncha, and then head back to the hotel.
- What Will You Do- Embark on an unforgettable trip around the south and west coast of Madeira island. This private tour goes through hills and valleys to the natural rock pools of Porto Moniz. Fisherman villages and waterfalls in all their glory await for you.
- What To Expect- Visit a sugar cane factory and see how honey and rum is made for the traditional drink 'poncha'.
- Cruise through Madeira's plateau.
- Enjoy Porto Moniz volcanic rock pools.
- Dazzle yourself with the Bride's Veil waterfall.
- What Is Included- Snack and water aboard the vehicle awaits.
- Traditional drink .