If you’re a lover of amazing views and fabulous fauna, then this is definitely the tour for you! Departing Melbourne at around midday, we journey to the city’s most colourful attraction – the iconic Brighton Beach bathing boxes – for an opportunity to visit the beach and take some time to admire these historic landmarks.
We continue our Phillip Island tour journey through Melbourne’s bayside suburbs on the way to the award-winning Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park for a unique Australian wildlife experience. Here, we’ll enjoy a guided wildlife walk where we have the opportunity to meet and hand-feed many species of native Australian animals. Learn about iconic species such as kangaroos, koalas, emus & wallabies, as well as some of our lesser known favorites including quolls, owls, bandicoots & Tasmanian devils.
Included in our visit here is the spectacular “Conservation in Action” wildlife show, which showcases a number of lesser-known Australian species in a series of interactive and engaging ranger presentations.
Continuing on to Phillip Island itself, a visit to Point Grant and The Nobbies gives us an opportunity to enjoy views over Westernport Bay and Bass Strait, including Seal Rocks, home to Australia’s largest population of fur seals.
And then we’ll reach what will undoubtedly be the highlight of your Phillip Island tour – the main event – where just after dark the world’s smallest penguins parade ashore after spending the day fishing out at sea. You’ll be truly enchanted as the stars of the show emerge from the surf and pass right before your eyes on their journey back to their homes. Your tour guide will assist in ensuring you are able to get the best possible vantage point to enjoy the famous Penguin Parade.
Just on sunset, as some visitors begin to doubt that the birds will arrive, dark patches appear in shallow waters. The penguins’ familiar “huk huk” call is heard and they magically appear on the water’s edge. The penguins stand in the shallows, sometimes retreat in to the sea if they sense danger, regain confidence and again come to the beach. They usually regroup, sometimes numbering over 100 birds, and make their way up the beach to the dunes.
** Please note that photography of any kind is not permitted at the the Phillip Island Penguin Parade. Photography is permitted at all other locations.
- What Will You Do- Visit the famous Brighton Beach boxes
- Visit Phillip Island and have a standard penguin viewing at the Penguin Parade
- Meet a wide range of Australian animals including koalas, wombats, dingoes & many more
- View the spectacular “Conservation In Action” wildlife show at Moonlit Sanctuary
- Hand feed kangaroos, wallabies, pademelons, emus & more
- Visit Point Grant to view the Nobbies and Seal Rocks
- Stroll the coastal boardwalks to enjoy amazing panoramic views
- What Is Included- Small group tour with a maximum of 24 guests
- Guided tour to Phillip Island, standard penguin viewing at the Penguin Parade
- Guided tour at the award-winning Moonlit Sanctuary Conservation Park
- Admission fees
- Complimentary Wi-Fi service on board
- Roundtrip transport to and from your Melbourne city hotel
- Live tour commentary provided in English
- What Is Not Included- Drinks and Food
- Gratitudes (optional)
- TransfersAll guests MUST call and confirm travel details and provide a contact number at least 24 hrs prior to departure.
We offer hotel pickup from many different hotels located across inner Melbourne. If you would like to check if we collect from your accommodation, please contact us after booking.