Listing ID: 51793
10 Day Lazy Laos AdventureWith a little bit of everything for the nature, culture and adventure lover alike, this sleepy diamond in the rough is sure to please even the most discerning backpacker. Travel Laos now while it’s still one of SE Asia’s lesser known gems. Duration: 1 Day (approx.)
Easy Cancellation - Cancel 3 days before for a full refund
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
Fast booking confirmation
Laos is a little more laid back than some of their neighbours. Life unfolds at a very relaxed pace here, and for travelers like us, that can be a very pleasant break from the often-hectic pace of SE Asia. There are no skyscrapers, malls, movie theatres or busy motorways here, but that’s okay. Instead Laos offers jaw-dropping nature, authentic cultural experiences, and a laid-back vibe that can’t be matched. Here you can hike through some of the most bio diverse rain forest in the world, stopping to take a dip at some of the most spectacular waterfalls and fresh water pools you will ever see. Visit exquisite golden roofed temples and witness the monks accept their daily offerings at dawn during the alms ceremony. Take a boat trip down the Mekong to stunning caves containing ancient relics. Jump off rope swings and zip lines into crystal clear lagoons, or get a little wet and wild with fellow backpackers from all over the world while tubing down the Nam Song River, surrounded by some of the country’s most stunning natural landscape. Laos is as wild and as authentic as it gets. With a little bit of everything for the nature, culture and adventure lover alike, this sleepy diamond in the rough is sure to please even the most discerning backpacker. Travel Laos now while it’s still one of SE Asia’s lesser known gems.
- What Will You DoYou arrive in Bangkok late the first evening. The group meets for welcome drinks and a short info session at our guesthouse. If you’re up for it, we make our way over to Khao San Road, where you can get an authentic Thai meal and a grab a cold drink after a long day of travel. If you wanna get really “Far Out”, you can grab a “bucket”, or try one of the street cart “delicacies”, such as fried insect larvae and crickets! This is also a great spot to get any last-minute supplies you may have forgotten at home. Our 2nd day is in Bangkok is a great day to go check out a couple markets, enjoy some of the world class shopping opportunities around the city, or take a day tour to the one of the city’s many tourist attractions. In the evening we take a private mini-bus to the train station where we will be taking the overnight train to the Laos border, a can’t miss experience.
Our train arrives early in the morning Day 3 in Nong Khai, Thailand. After crossing the “friendship bridge” into Laos and getting our visas, we hop into a private mini bus for the ride north to Vang Vieng. After a long trip from Thailand, the group gets together for a delicious traditional Laos meal at our guesthouse, before heading out for a night on the town. Day 4 the group hits up the Nam Song river for a day of lazy river tubing, while taking in the mind-blowing views of the surrounding cliffs, and stopping in at the awesome bars that dot the. Days 5 and 6 are yours to check out the amazing caves, lagoons, temples, kayaking, mountain biking, etc. Vang Vieng is a beautiful place with endless opportunities for adventure.
The morning of day 7 we board our private minibus and make our way north for the incredibly scenic ride to our final stop in Laos, Luang Prabang. After we arrive at our guesthouse we get the group acquainted with a walk to the downtown/riverside area. Here you can enjoy an authentic Laos dinner and watch the incredible sunset on the banks of the mighty Mekong, go for a sunset “booze” cruise, or visit the night market (one of our favorites in Asia) to stock up on mementos and souvenirs. Day 8 the group heads to Kuang Si waterfalls for an unbelievably fun day hiking through the lush green rain forest to some of the most beautiful waterfalls in SE Asia. For the final day in Laos you can spend your morning at the alms ceremony at dawn watching lines of Buddhist monks in their orange robes, collecting their food for the day. In the afternoon visit some of the many golden roofed temples, take a river tour to some of the many caves in the area, or visit some more world class waterfalls.
Rather than taking the overnight train back to Bangkok, we cut the travel time short and board a plane from Luang Prabang back to Thailand for the final night of our Far Out Adventure. Our hosts in Bangkok have a special send off celebration planned for us. Say goodbye to the amazing new friends you’ve made over the past 10 days, and prepare yourself for your onward journey home.
- What To ExpectVang Vieng - Vang Vieng hasn’t been on the travel map long, but made a hard landing when some genius decided to jump in an inner tube and float down the river some time around 1999. Since then backpackers have been flocking to Vang Vieng for a float down the Nam Sok, hopping from bar to bar along the riverside, and enjoying a game of beer pong or flip cup while taking in the wondrous rock formations and stunning limestone cliffs that surround the area. The float back to town is a stunner, so you’ll want to grab one of the waterproof camera bags available all over town.
Although the city itself may be small, it’s big on fun and natural beauty. Vang Vieng is also home to numerous caves, temples and lagoons that are only a short ride away. Because of the abundance of activities available, the town can feel quite sleepy during the day, but things really come to life in the evening when the backpackers return from their day trips. Certain to please the nature lover, adventure seeker and night owl alike, Vang Vieng offers wild and dramatic scenery and a party scene that’s equally wild.
Luang Prabang - Set in a background of vibrant forest greenery and rugged mountain scenery, the sleepy city of Luang Prabang rests at the foot of Mt. Phousi where the mighty Mekong and Nam Song rivers meet. Known for being home to some of the most beautiful temples and incredible waterfalls in Southeast Asia, no Laos adventure is complete without a trip Luang Prabang. A charming mixture of golden roofed temples, traditional Laos wooden structures and colonial French style architecture, this stunning little mountain city has a charm unlike anywhere else in SE Asia.
Witness long lines of monks collecting their food for the day during the alms ceremony at dawn. Go for a hike through the jungle to the jaw dropping Kuang Si waterfalls, considered some of the most impressive in all of Asia, or trek along lush rain forest paths to the beautiful waterfalls of Tad Sae, spotting monkeys and other other rain forest wildlife along the way. Climb Phou Si hill and to see the incredible Buddhist temples and golden monuments that dot the trails leading to the top. In the evening you can have dinner at a riverside restaurant and enjoy the incredible sunset on the Mekong, then head to the Luang Prabang night market, one of our favorites in Asia, to barter for gifts and souvenirs. An 11pm curfew for businesses in town has prevented the establishment of much of a nightlife, however these rules don’t apply to the bowling alley located just outside the city, which as such serves as the de facto nightclub for Luang Prabang. Not your standard nightclub environment with 10 pin bowling and a late-night archery range, it is nonetheless a super fun place to spend an evening with your friends, getting to know other travelers.
- What Is IncludedIncluded
• Welcome Dinner
• Far Out Welcome Package: There’s a trip information guide, a welcome dinner, and a few welcome gifts to keep you comfortable on your Far Out Adventure.
• Not one, but TWO knowledgeable and fun leaders who know the lay of the land and will help make sure you’re having the time of your life, every day of your trip.
• All accommodations during your trip. We’ve scoured our destinations for the best group accommodations available. We always look for the perfect combination of environment, comfort, fun, friendly service and safety.
• All transportation between trip destinations and to included activities.
• At least one Far Out activity in each destination we visit, normally the top “must do” activities. The 10 Day Lazy Laos Adventure includes the following activities.
• Tubing and Lagoon Trip in Vang Vieng
• Kuang Si Waterfall tour
- What Is Not IncludedNot Included
• Spending Money: For budgeting tips visit www.faroutadventures.ca/about/your-travel-budget/
• Additional/optional activities
• Travel Visas (30-day Thai Visa On Arrival available for most nationalities arriving by air. Please contact your local Thai consulate or embassy for more information.)
• Laos Visa on arrival ($30-42 USD for most nationalities. Please contact your local Laos consulate or embassy for more information.)
• Food and beverages (except those mentioned above)
• Transportation for personal/optional activities not included in the tour.