This 3 days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park will bring you face to face with the massive giants of Bwindi – the mountain gorillas.
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is located in the south western part of Uganda covering an area of 321 sqkm.
The forest lies at an altitude between 1160 m -2607 m above sea level and is famous for being home to over 450 mountain gorillas.
- What Will You DoDay 1: Drive to Bwindi Impenetrable N.P
Our experienced driver/guide will pick you up from the hotel/airport early in the morning and drive to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, in the western part of Uganda, where on the way, we shall have a stop at the equator for pictures, also some experiments. we will also pass another National park called Lake Mburo National park, but if lucky, we might see some wild animals like Zebras on the way. As we are half way the journey, we shall stop and have lunch, and refreshments. After lunch, we drive with our journey to get to our final destination and also get ready for the activity for the following day.
Day 2: Gorilla tracking
Early in the morning, the guide will pick you up and take you to the tracking point for Gorilla tracking, there will be briefing as you’re also given groups/tracking team, gorilla tracking might take like 8 hours to come back.
After the gorilla tracking, the guide will be waiting to take you back to the hotel to freshen up, as we also prepare to plan for departure the next day.
Day 3: Drive back to Kampala
Early in the morning after breakfast, we shall start our journey back to Kampala to the hotel /Airport.
- What To Expect- Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable forest
- Photo session at the Equator
- Optional – community walk
- What Is Included- Hotel Pick up and drop off
- Gorilla tracking permit
- 3x Lunch and 2x dinner
- 2x Breakfast
- 2x Accommodation
- What Is Not Included- Airport drop off (unless asked for)
- Tips for the guides
- Flight tickets
- Visa processing
- Know Before You Go- Mountain gorillas sometimes nest far, you should pace yourself and drink plenty of water.
- Eating, drinking and smoking near the gorillas is forbidden – designated time and place will be communicated.
- Bwindi being a tropical forest, it can rain anytime so we encourage you to carry a raincoats.
- Waterproof walking shoes or hiking boots are essential.
- Gardening gloves for protection against stinging plants
- Long trousers and long sleeved sweaters or shirts while in the forest to avoid insect stings.
- Photography is permitted, although you must not use flash
- Porters are available to help you carry your day pack for a small charge.