Porto became very famous when classified by UNESCO’s title of World Heritage (1996) and with the title of European Capital of Culture (2001). Art, Architecture and History follow the same course, acting as important beacons in Porto’s tourism, providing a tour full of hidden mysteries and ancient legends.
Apart the Baroque and Rocaille art and architecture, meet the oldest parts of the city such as the Ribeira with an outstanding view to the Douro River, where you can see the wine cellars.
Discover the fascinating ball rooms of the Stock Exchange Palace (Palácio da Bolsa), with a picturesque granite façade.
Stroll down through Avenida dos Aliados and witness Neoclassical buildings and wide pavements. In the end of this tour, you will find an experience that you will never regret.
Experience this live guided tour and explore the traditional townspeople customs, along with the main sites and tourist hot spots of this city.
- What Will You Do1. Start the walking tour from the meeting point, near Trindade subway station
2. Walk in Avenida dos Aliados, one of the most iconic avenues of Porto, with its monumental buildings and city hall surrounding you.
3. Pass by church do Carmo and church Carmelitas Descalços, two beautiful churches standing next to one another.
4. See the Lello library, the most known library in town, Lello & Irmão, numerous times considered amongst the most beautiful in the world.
5. See the Clerigos tower, hovering above all nearby buildings, it is hard for it to pass unnoticed, even for the more untrained eyes.
6. Visit the train station of São Bento, certainly one of the main attractions of the city. Here you will be able to see its tiles in all their glory, a total of 20000 tiles.
7. Walk in the garden of the Infante Dom Henrique. Henry the Navigator is without a doubt one of the main figures of Portuguese history, due to its ties to the start of the Portuguese discoveries.
8. Walk along the Cais da Ribeira. Certainly the ex libris of the city of Porto, Ribeira, lies alongside the river, having been for many centuries the main comercial area of the city.
9. Visit the Batalha square and pass by the famous cafe Majestic
10. Tour ends at the traditional Bolhão market
- What Is Included- Professional guide
- 3-hour walking tour
- Liability insurance
- The tour includes a short break of 20 minutes
- What Is Not Included- Souvenir photos
- Know Before You Go- This tour can be in Portuguese, English or Spanish
- Children must be accompanied by an adult