This safari is a great choice if you would only like to explore a part of the south in Namibia.
The safari will start and end in Windhoek. You will have 7 days of beautiful scenery & cultural interaction with the last day in the Namib Desert.
The accommodation will be participating camping. You need to pitch your own tent, but the food will be prepared by your guide and assistant, under the stars.
If you have trouble pitching a tent, do not worry, your guide will be on hand to assist.
- What Is Included- All transport
- Three meals a day (unless differently specified)
- Tea & coffee in camp
- All camping equipment
- Park entrance fees
- Camping OR accommodation fees
- Professional guide
- Camp Assistant (unless differently specified)
- Pick up & drop off from accommodation in Windhoek
- What Is Not Included- Sleeping bag (can be hired)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Soft drinks & bottled water
- Personal travel insurance
- Know Before You Go- You can expect hot, wet summers and cooler, dry winters in Namibia. Generally the days can be quite hot and the evenings and early mornings can be remarkably cool.
- Comfortable, lightweight clothing for the daytime and a sweater or jacket for early mornings and evenings.
- Comfortable walking shoes and sandals.
- Protection against the sun – sunblock, hat, sunglasses, lip balm and moisturising lotion.
- Flashlight (headlamp), binoculars and a good camera with extra film or memory card.
- For electrical small appliances or chargers a conversion plug to a three-pin type outlet.
- Swimsuit as most lodges and hotels have swimming pools.
- Insect repellent, rehydrating solutions or concentrates, diarrhoea medication, malaria prophylaxis (if traveling in malaria areas), bandages, etc.
- Warm jersey or fleece plus anorak or parka, scarf, gloves and beanies/woollen hats for the cold winter months.
- Headlamp – Especially when going on the camping safaris
- Some flip flops that can be used when showering at Campsites
- Pillow – Although we provide comfortable camping mattresses and sleeping bags at extra costs, we do not provide pillows on our camping safaris. We advise bring along a small travelling pillow to make your sleeping even more comfortable.
- A 2 Litre Water Bottle. – Namibia is quite dry and during the hot summer months we recommend drinking a lot of water to prevent dehydration. Therefore always keep water with you and make sure you stay hydrated.