Atlas mountains and imlil day trip is one of the most spectacular day trips from Marrakech if you desire to get out of the city and delve in the authentic and rural side of Morocco.
We will start our Imlil day trip at 09am from marrakech by a 4WD vehicle or mini van for 1h30 drive south up the Moulay Brahim Gorges, and the berber village of Asni very popular for its weekly market every saturday then to Imlil. Crossing a vibrant green valley that stays fresh and lush even during the hottest days of the summer.
Imlil is a small village at the foothills of the highest mountains in Morocco Toubkal mountain. Imlil is the center to hire mountain guides and mules due its unique possition and its connection to several berber villages and a very popular start point of treks and hikes for climbing Toubkal mountain.
Arrival to Imlil here we shall leave our vehicle and start a walk for around 1h towards the south to the Berber village of Aroumd (Aremd) (1843m) passing the hamlets of ait souka, Targa, and Imoula, up and down the stark slopes, the jagged Western High Atlas peaks of the Toubkal Massif before us – Jbels Aguelzim (3547m), Aksouâl (3847m) and the Adrar Adj (3122m) watching us all the way.
We shall stop at Aroumd to visit this rather singular village in the Assif Aït Mizane Valley, built seemingly house upon house on a large moraine spur, overlooking ancient irrigated terraced fields of barley, corn and vegetables and always surrounded by almond and walnut trees.
We thence carry on for another Half an Hour to get to our lunch wish will be served on top of beautiful terrace among a berber familly in the village of Achayn Afterwards you can take a short walk before we return to Marrakech.
- What Will You DoYour experience will start from Marrakech to the majestic Atlas Mountains. Your first experience will be a sunrise Camel ride, then we'll drive to get to Armed famous by its waterfall, this lush valley’s waterfalls are a lovely counterpoint to the surrounding landscape and I will help you to fully explore this villages & waterfalls and have a drink in the front of it, also after that, we'll stop in an Argan Oil Co-operative of the Berber ladies to have some breakfast and learn how they turn the Argan nut into many of the different Argan Oil-based products,
Continue through Asni valley near (Ski resort), and taking a secluded mountain road standing at 1800 meters above sea level to reach Imlil village, and you will pass through traditional Berber villages built from adobe and stones, and discover the authentic life of Berber people and culture we will arrange a delicious lunch for you in a typical Berber house. Afterward, head toward Ait souk, famous by its fruit trees (Apples, walnut, almonds, peaches..), have your camera ready to take pictures of the highest peak in North Africa, the Toubkal mount with 13 665 feet. And go back to your accommodation in Marrakech around 17:00 pm.
- What To Expect- Explore the famous Ourika, Oukaimeden, Asni, Sidi Fares, and Tahnouat valleys with an expert guide
- Discover traditional Berber villages and opt to lunch in an authentic Berber home
- See the 13,6665-foot Mount Toubkal, the highest peak in North Africa
- Visit the magnificent waterfalls of Ourika Valley
- Get away from the hustle-bustle of Marrakech to the stunning Atlas Mountains and admire the traditional Moroccan life
- What Is Included- Food: Traditional Berber meal(Couscous, tajine, salad, bread, fruits, bread
- Drinks: Mint tea, Orange juice, a bottle of water
- English-speaking guide
- Camel ride
- Transport: From and back to Marrakech