This tour will give you the opportunity to discover Nigeria, Benin, Togo and Ghana traditional music,dance, costume, food, open-air vibrant markets and natural sights against the backdrop of traditional rural communities.(Accra, , Cape Coast) Togo ( Lome, Togoville) Benin (Ouidah, Cotonou, Abomey,Lagos Nigeria).
Experience culture, market, night life, lifestyle and the day to day lives of the Nigerian, Ghana, Togo and Benin people. This is one of those tours where Lagos Nigeria west Africa gets under your skin and you can appreciate the circle of life. Most of us live for moments where nature is so astonishing that our breath is taken away.
On arrival, Confidence and his driver will pick you up from the airport to your hotel, give orientation and the next day tour begins.
Day 1: Arrival
Day 2: Early morning, I will pick you up for a quick run through lagos mainland and island.
A tour to the national museum, lekki conservation center, lekki craft market. The tinubu square, the agudas and drop you off at your hotel for O/N
Day 3: Badagry- Cotonou ABOMEY
Eraly morning, we shall leave your hotel and drive towards badagry. At badagry we shall visit the Mobi/abass seriki slave musuem. Arrive Cotonou and have a quick city tour of the capital of Benin and then proceed onward to Abomey. Tours today include the Royal Palace Museum where you may have an audience with the King of Abomey. Abomey retains many reminders of its magnificent past including the Palace, the Historical Museum and the Royal Sepulchers bearing witness to a brave and powerful people. we can also go by small boat to Nokoue Laketo Ganvie, the biggest stilt village in Africa. Visit the “Maison de la Francophonie”, the Lovers’ Lane and the floating market.
DAY 4: OUIDAH, BENIN –
After breakfast, drive to Ouidah the spiritual capital of voodoo religion and was once a major slave-trading post. You will explore major slave-trading post. You will visit the Voodoo Museum, the Sacred Forest, the Cathedral and the Temple of the sacred Pythons where you will see the 41 writhing pythons (41 is voodoo’s magic number).
Day 5 : A Lome Togo
LOME, TOGO -leave for Lome very early in the morning THE TOUR ON THIS DAY IN LOME Today we travel to Togo. After a 3 hour drive you will be assisted through Togo immigration then begin the city tour of Lome and vicinity. Visits include Independence square, the Artisans village, the national museum, the fetish market- the heart of traditional medicine, the fishing harbour, Art Street and the grand Marché, realm of the famous Nana Benz ladies. Overnight at Palm Beach Hotel or similar.LOME – TOGOVILLE-LOME – Today visit the Akodesséwa fetish market and the slave house in Agbodrafo. Continue to Togoville, a red-earth village which was the homeland of numerous slaves taken to Haiti. Here you will find magic remedies and voodoo charms used by local sorcerers. Late afternoon return to Lomé.
Day 6: Accra
Depart for Accra Arrival and checking into hotel for relaxation (maybe a night out to osu oxford street) Other activities today will depend on our arrival time and preference.
Day 7: A city tour of Accra
ACCRA City Tour (visit to historical landmarks such as W. E. B etcDubois Center for Pan African Culture,Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Park, Independence/Black Star Square, National Museum,Osu (formerly Christiansborg) Castle-the previous seat of the Ghanaian Presidency,Jamestown, Flagstaff House (official seat of the president), Kane Kwesi Carpentry workshop.
Day 8: Travel/ Trip to cape coast/ Elmina.
KAKUM NATIONAL PARK/CAPE COAST/ACCRA –
This morning we visit Kakum National Park, one of Ghana’s most famous parks. Take a brief walking tour on the forest floor; see birds, butterflies, and perhaps catch a glimpse of the forest. Proceed to the canopy walkway. Kakum is home to Africa’s only aerial walkway through the treetops, a 1000 foot long and seven-bridge walkway with viewing platforms that reach heights of over 150 feet above ground. After lunch return to Cape Coast and visit Cape Coast Castle and the Castle Museum.
Day 9: Drive Back to Accra, relaxation at a drumming session/ Departure
- What Is Included- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
- Airport pick up
- Entrance fee
- Airport drop off
- Letter of invitation for visa
- Other miscellaneous support
- What Is Not Included- International air flights
- Visa and visa fees
- Travel insurance and immunizations
- Between meal snacks & drinks or extra meals alcoholic beverages.
- Any hotel incidentals
- Any non-essential public transit taken, for you and your guide
- Discretionary gratuity for excellent service
- Know Before You Go- This tour can take two persons. if you are more than two you can request for a different quote.
- I can help with your accommodation reservation.
- Before Embarking
- Obtain your visa for travel to Ghana/ Nigeria.
- Receive a required yellow fever vaccination and bring proof of such vaccination.
- Purchase travel insurance of the desired coverage.
- Review our Rules for Visitors for important tips on how to best interact with locals
- Arrival at any of the designated International Airport
- (Murtala Morhameed international airport/Kotoka internartion airport/ robertssport airport)
- Your vaccination card will be examined upon arrival .
- If you do not have a current yellow fever vaccination, you will be detained.
- Queue at Immigration to have your passport with an entry visa examined.
- Queue at the baggage claim carousel. Wheel carts are free, but baggage handlers that assist you will expect a tip.
- Exit the baggage claim area, proceed down the ramp.
- Queue at the Customs checkpoint to have your luggage examined.
- Have your baggage claim tags confirmed.
- Exit the airport Arrivals hall. Total time elapsed after your flight lands can be up to 90 minutes.
- For Accra airport pick-ups, your guide will be waiting for you outside the airport, just as you exit the Arrivals hall. He or she will be easy to see in our private tour guide outfit, holding your name written on a sign.
- There is an ATM and a foreign exchange booth next to baggage claim and just outside the arrivals hall. It can be a good idea to obtain enough cash to get through a couple days while you are waiting for your luggage - especially if you are immediately departing or arrive on the weekend.