In this tour we follow some of the least explored trails of Northern Albanian Alps. It is a great tour for experienced travelers who would like to be challenged everyday while enjoying the beauty of the Alpine Pastures.
Even though we provide blankets and mattresses in the huts, you might feel more comfortable bringing your own sleeping bag.
- What Will You DoDay 1. Airport – Rubik
When the group arrives in Albania they will be welcomed by our tour leader and transferred to Rubik. In Rubik we will be accommodated in the Marubi eco hotel. Depending on the time we can make a 2 hour walk to the nearby village or we can go and enjoy the spectacular view of the 12 century old Rubik Church. Dinner and overnight in Rubik.
Day 2. Rubik - Prizren - Gjakova - Tropojë Village
In Kosovo we will make a short visit to Prizren. Prizren is known for it’s Ottoman architecture, ancient mosques and beautiful churches. During the Ottoman period it was one of the most important centers of Kosovo.
Day 3. Tropoja village – Sylbica pastures (1800 m )
After loading our luggage on the horses, the local guide will lead us up the banks of Tropoja River. The journey will last about 6 hours and at the end we will arrive in the Sylbicë Alpine Pastures.
Day 4. Sylbicë – Dobërdol (1900 m)
After breakfast we will load our luggage on the horses and start walking to Dobërdol. On the way we will have time to take breaks and enjoy the scenery of the Alps.
Day 5. Dobërdol – Çerem – Valbonë (860 m)
Today we will walk from Dobërdol to Çerem passing through Koshutica and Vranica alpine pastures. Lunch is organized in the village of Çerem. Overnight in Valbonë.
Day 6. Valbona – Valbona pass – Theth (1950m – 750m)
We need about 2-3 hours depending on the ability of the group to reach the summit of Valbona Pass at the altitude of 1815 m. From there the panorama unveiled of both Valbona and Theth valleys is breathtaking. In the afternoon we will reach Theth and stay the night in a guesthouse.
Day 7. Theth – Qafa e Thores – Boge – Shkoder – Tirana (1830 m)
We will ride a minibus from Theth, through T’thore Pass, Boga, Shkodër and finally to Tirana. Shkodër has been a very important city for Albania since antiquity. Lunch will be in the city centre with a beautiful view of the pedestrian street where many coffee shops are situated. Next we will drive to Tirana and visit the city. We will have a 2 hour guided walk through the city center.
Day 8. Tirana – Mother Theresa Airport
Breakfast in Tirana. Free time. Transfer to the Airport where our tour will end.
- What To Expect- Hike through Sylbicë and Doberdol Alpine Pastures
- Discover the local life and culture of Northern Albanian Alps
- Stay in the local shepherd’s huts
- Experience the breathtaking views of Valbona and Theth Valleys
- What Is Included- Accommodation for 7 nights in hotels, guesthouse and huts
- 6 dinners in restaurants or guesthouses
- 5 traditional or picnic lunches
- Tour Guide in English language for 8 days
- Local guide for 5 days
- Luggage transportation by horse for 4 days
- Transportation by minibus for 4 days
- Entrance tickets to museums
- Assistance by the Albanian travel agency
- What Is Not Included- 110 Euro per single supplement
- Everything else that is not mentioned above