In this tour you will explore the Theth, Valbona national parks, as well as the Gashi River Reserve.
In addition, this 9-day tour will take you through the historic towns of Prizren, Berat, Durrës, Kruja and Tirana.
These parks have different kind of terrain and there can be used for climbing, fishing, winter sports etc.
Choosing this tour you will enjoy the best of Albania’s natural beauty.
- What Will You DoDay 1. Airport – Tirana
The group will be welcomed by the Albanian travel agency representatives at the airport in Tirana. Next we transfer from the airport to the hotel in Tirana. In the afternoon we will visit Tirana’s highlights.
Day 2. Tiranë – Shkodër – Theth
Breakfast in Tirana. Travel by minibus from Tirana to Theth. Along the way, we will stop in Shkodër to visit the Castle of Rozafa and the renovated center.
Day 3. Theth – Qafë Valbonë – Valbonë
Breakfast in Theth. We will walk to Valbona through Valbona pass with our luggage following by horse. On the way we will see the Valbona water springs, waterfall and the village of Rragam. Overnight in Valbona.
Day 4. Valbonë – Çerem – Mullafc
Breakfast in Valbonë. Today we travel by minibus up to the village of Çerem. From there we will begin walking to the Mullafci Alpine Pastures
Day 5. Mullafc – Begaj – Tropoje
Breakfast in Mullafc. We hike along the National Park of Gashi River following the trail from Mullafc through Herushte and Bradozhnice, and finally to Begaj.
Day 6. Tropoje – Kasaj – Qafe Morine – Prizren – Rubik
Breakfast in Tropoja. Today we walk along the border-crossing trails between Kosovo and Albania. The walk will take us through the Yugoslavian military check point and on to Kosovo.
Day 7. Katund i Vjeter – Mulliri – Katund i Vjeter - Rubik – Durres – Berat
Breakfast in Rubik. We make a short visit today to the village of Katund i Vjeter. We will have the chance to visit a local family and drink raki, a local alcoholic drink. After our walk we drive to the ancient city of Durrës where we will visit the 2nd century BC Roman Amphitheatre.
Day 8. Berat – Kruje
Breakfast in Berat. Today we visit the Ethnographic Museum and King Mosque in Berat. Next we will drive through Lushnje, through Vore and on to Kruje. In Kruja we visit the castle of Kruja and Scanderbeg Museum and have lunch in a restaurant nearby. Overnight in Kruja.
Day 9. Kruje – Sari Salltik – Kruje - Tirane Airport
Breakfast in Kruja. Today we walk up to Kruja mountain to visit the shrine of Sari Salltik, an important site for the Bektashi community in Albania. We will then transfer to the “Mother Teresa” Airport where our tour will end.
- What To Expect- Walk in three of the largest national parks
- Enjoy a folk performance in Valbona
- Visit the beautiful city of Prizren in Kosovo
- Visit Berat, UNESCO heritage
- Taste delicious homemade food and drink raki.
- What Is Included- Accommodation for 8 nights in hotels and guest houses
- 4 lunches
- 5 dinners
- English speaking guide for 9 days
- Local guide for five days during the hiking and trekking trip
- Luggage transportation by horses and 4×4 cars
- Private minibus and driver services for five days
- Entrance tickets to museums and a castle
- Assistance of Albanian Agency
- What Is Not Included- 110 Euro per single supplement
- Everything else that is not mentioned above