We started the experience at the Faro Municipal Market, where we met the Chef. After a brief conversation about the history of the Faro Municipal Market, you will visit the vegetable, fish, seafood, cheese and chorizo stall.
We will buy all the fresh ingredients to cook the best cataplana. Then, we will go to our space in the historic center of Faro, Tertúlia Algarvia, to start our cooking class. All participants will learn how to prepare a cataplana with fish and seafood or vegetarian.
After class, sit back and enjoy your lunch: regional snacks, cataplana prepared during the class, Algarve sweets and laminated fruit, drinks (water, juice, Algarve wines) and coffee.
- What Will You Do- In a relaxed and funny way you will discover and taste some Algarvian flavours and culture.
- By listening, looking, smelling, feeling, tasting you will discover, together with our chef, the gastronomy and culture of the Algarve.
- Learn how to choose the best ingredients and stroll through one of the region's emblematic markets and discover the secrets of this special pan, the Cataplana.
- With the help of the Chef you will prepare real fish and seafood cataplana.
- Enjoy your lunch - Algarve snacks + cataplana prepared in the cooking class + regional sweet + water, wine + coffee
- What Is Included- Visit to Faro Municipal Market to purchase all the ingredients for making the cataplana
- Screening a video about cataplana
- Cooking class, during which participants will learn to prepare a cataplana with fish and shellfish
- Full meal
- Visit the regional shop at Tertúlia Algarvia
- What Is Not Included- Transport from the Municipality Market of Faro to Tertúlia Algarvia. If requested and with a additional cost Tertúlia Algarvia can ensure the transfer of participants from the Faro Municipality Market to the historic center Faro (cooking class place).
- TransfersTranfers by car from Faro Municipality Market to Tertúlia Algarvia ( cooking class place)
€8.50 (6 pax maximum)
reservation 24h in advance