Our trip starts from Athens.
Great experience, Mercedes cars, comfort and safety transportation under high standards,these are some of the benefits of booking a private transfer with us.
Also we can only offer a local guideline on the sites we are going to see, because we are not allowed to guide you inside of them.
But, we can provide you with lots of information about the sites we are going to visit. If we can combine it with our passion to show to our travelers our heritage, we think this is the recipe of success. To show to world our amazing and majestic archaeological sites, landscapes etc.
- What Will You Do1. Depart from Athens with your local guide on a private vehicle.
2. After a wonderful scenic drive through mountains and fertile valleys we reach Delphi, located under the 3000ft tall mountain Parnassos. There we will visit the Archaeological museum of Delphi, we will see the Archaeological site of Delphi and the site of the temple of Apollo.
3. We will take a break for a coffee at Arachova. Driving through the beautiful stone villages of Arachova where we'll be able to stop so that you can take photos and buy souvenirs.
4. On our back to Athens, we'll be able to make a stop at Distomo. On June 10, 1944, for over two hours, Waffen-SS troops of the 2nd company, I/7 battalion, 4th SS Polizei Panzergrenadier Division under the command of SS-Hauptsturmführer Fritz Lautenbach went door to door and massacred Greek civilians as part of "savage reprisals" for a partisan attack upon the unit's convoy. A total of 214 men, women and children were killed in Distomo, a small village near Delphi. According to survivors, SS forces "bayoneted babies in their cribs, stabbed pregnant women, and beheaded the village priest. We will pay our tribute to the victims of the massacre.
5. Return to your address in Athens.
- What To Expect- Visit to one of the most important World Heritage Sites of UNESCO in Phokis region, the archaeological site of Delphi
- Walk through the picturesque village of Arachova
- Taste the traditional flavors of the area
- What Is Included- Coffee and/or Tea
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- What Is Not Included- Not allowed to guide you inside the monuments
- Know Before You Go- This is a private tour. Only your group will participate
- The maximum capacity of the tour is of 4 people per group
- Bring your ID with you