Let yourself be guided in a stroll around the streets of Venice and their buildings and stories! An essential tour for the understanding of Venice! Have a walk outdoors through the most characteristic and important places in the history of Venice.
You will be exploring the main attractions and also the back streets of Venice, the narrow alleyways are home to beautiful canals, churches and piazzas which enthrall visitors. A special place that you will be visiting with our walking tour is the place where Marco Polo used to live and then you will be learning some more about the famous explorer.
Take a walk outdoors through the characteristic and important places in the history of Venice. An experienced guide will escort you through the millennium of life in the Serenissima Republic, recalling the charming past of this unique city.
After the tour you will have the opportunity to visit a Glass Factory close to Saint Mark’s Square where you can see a Glass Craftsman at work. Please note this is a free of charge optional tour of approximately 20 minutes and it is not a part of the tour.
- What Will You Do1. Piazza San Marco - Origins, history and description of the main monuments: Basilica San Marco, Palazzo Ducale, Bell Tower, Clock Tower and Procuratie.
2. Santa Maria Formosa - History and anecdotes relating to this wonderful and characteristic square.
3. Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo - The "Pantheon" of Venice, the Great School of Charity, the Captains of fortune.
4. Marco Polo’s House and Malibran Theatre - Anecdotes and past and recent history cross each other in this beautiful corner of Venice.
5. Return to San Marco through the Mercerie, the vital connection between Rialto and San Marco and the city’s main shopping street.
- What Is Included- Shared guided tour with a qualified and experienced guide.
- Audio-receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people.
- Glass Craftsman at work close to Saint Mark’s Square
- What Is Not Included- Pick up and drop off from accommodation
- Food and drinks
- Know Before You Go- Customers have to be at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the departure time written in the voucher
- The tour is not considered private but is shared with other guests not belonging to the same party
- Unfortunately this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities - Comfortable shoes suggested
- The Tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide