The Langtang classic trek offers to take you through the diversified beauty of Nepal along with viewing the highest peaks of the world at close quarter.
The Langtang Himal is a region geographically based in the north part outside of the Kathmandu valley and in close proximity just south of the Tibetan border. This gracious, beautiful and lush green valley is surrounded by high peaks of great appeal. It has become famous ever since the British mountaineer Bill Tilman described it as the most beautiful valley in the world.
The highest peak in this area is Shisapangma or Gosaithan (8027m) in Tibet. The path from the Langtang valley to Gosaikunda is embraced with diverse natural beauty. The Langtang valley is also known as the ”treasure house” of Alpine plants. The whole valley is carpeted with an array of beautiful flowers during the summer, a specter that should never be missed. This high and isolated region is inhabited by Tamangs whose religious customs, language and dress are similar to that of the Tibetans.
Langtang trek can be done in different durations depending on your time, interest and budget. Nepal Environmental Treks & Expedition have successfully led many trekking trips to Langtang Region. We have a team of highly experienced, well equipped, well insured and friendly local trekking guides and porters who will accompany you throughout your journey.
- What Will You DoBasically you will start the trek from Syabhu besi followed by Langtang Village to Kyangjin Gompa(3870m.)
The trail climbs gradually through small villages and yak pastures as the valley opens out further and the views become more extensive. After crossing several small streams and moraines, the trail reaches the settlement at Kyangjin. Here, there is a small monastery and a government-operated cheese factory. You arrive at Kyangjin by lunch time allowing time to acclimatize and explore the area. It is a dramatic setting, with snow-covered peaks surrounding you in all directions such as Langtang Lirung, Ganjala peak, Tserko- Ri, Langsisa ri and many others.
- What To Expect- Drive through scenic foothills and ridgeline vistas to Syabru Besi.
- Langtang Village, people and their lifestyle.
- Kyangjin Gompa, Buddhist monastery at 3870m.
- Dramatic view of Langtang Lirung, Ganjala peak, Tserko- Ri, Langsisa ri and the popular Langtang Glacier
- Climb through forests of oak, fir and rhododendron to the top of a ridge.
- A short descent to Sing Gompa, Buddhist monastery and the cheese factory.
and the Dhunche Town
- What Is Includeda) Kathmandu:
- Airport pick-up and drop-off services by private vehicle
- 3 night hotel accommodation with breakfast in Kathmandu
- One full day city sightseeing in and around Kathmandu valley with tour guide and private vehicle
- One farewell dinner in Kathmandu with live cultural performance at authentic Nepali restaurant
- Souvenir (t-shirt, mug, pen, bag, etc.)
- Trekking guide/s
- Porter/s (one porter carries 25kg of luggage for two participants)
- All meals three times a day (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- Accommodation in lodges
- Trekking equipments such as sleeping bags, down jackets, duffle bags, trekking poles, etc. if required
- Entry Permit for Langtang National Park
- Trekkers' Information Management system (TIMS) card
- All land transportation : Kathmandu-Syabrubesi and Dhunche-Kathmandu by public bus/jeep
- Insurance and equipments for the trekking staffs
- First aid kits
- VAT, TAX and Service charge
- Rescue assistance (Should any emergency arise during your trek, we will provide prompt and professional rescue and medical services. For this, it would be better to have your own travel insurance that covers helicopter evacuation and medical treatment cost.)
- What Is Not Included- Personal nature expenses
- Drinks, Beverages, Hot Shower and Battery Charges
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Entrance fees in Kathmandu
- Travel/Medical Insurance
- TransfersTransfer from TIA Airport - Hotel in KTM at your arrival in KTM and,
Transfer from Hotel in KTM to TIA Airport at your final departure.