After early pickup at your Marrakech accommodation, head south toward the Atlas Mountains by air-conditioned minivan with your guide.
Admire the views and, after stops at a traditional village and argan oil co-operative, continue into lush, orchard-filled valleys framed by rugged peaks.
Stop for a camel ride before venturing deep into the Imlil Valley.
Break for Moroccan tea and cake on a scenic terrace and chat to your guide as to whether you want to hike, drive, or ride a mule to the next stop.
Set out for Ait Souka Village the way you’ve chosen, absorbing the scenery and tranquility on route. Here, enjoy a traditional Berber lunch, including tajine (slow-cooked stew) and couscous, and visit a Berber family home to learn about their lifestyle.
Continue to Moulay Brahim near the Asni Valley, and absorb the views of Mt.Toukbal before returning to Marrakech where a hotel drop-off ends your trip.
- What Will You DoRide a camel during this tour next to the Aqua fan clube of Marrakech. Go hiking with a dromedary through a oasis see the high atlas landscapes. Enjoy a delicious glass of mint tea in an authentic Berber tent with cookese get some info... from your guide about the program of the day.
Stop in front of "azrou" village," Azrou" is one of the oldest villages in the atlas mountains, it's a village where the Jewish people and Muslims where living here for so many years, & the Jewish people when they want to grow their own business they transform from here to the cities.
Stop at Argan Oil Co-operative of the Berber ladies to have some breakfast, and learn how they turn the Argan nut into many different Argan Oil-based products, you can also make your own argan oil by your hands.
Weekly Berber Market in Asni, High Atlas Mountains, Morocco spectacular High Atlas Mountains, the home — for 9,000 years — of the indigenous Berber tribes (whose descendants still make up roughly 2/3 of the population of Morocco). Our destination will be a resort just south of the main town of Asni (population 6,000). On the way we had an introduction to Berber culture with a stop at the weekly Saturday market in Asni. (The market vendors move from city to city in the region throughout the week, on a fixed schedule – similar to the local markets in France.) Residents from the local community as well as those living miles away come into town on market day for shopping, socializing and gossiping. The vendors travel by donkey (some with carts), small cars and trucks as they make the weekly circuit in the mountains. Like typical farmers’ markets, there is a huge variety of goods for sale – herbs, spices, fresh fruit and vegetables, shoes, men and women’s clothing, chickens (live and dead), household items, etc. – plus some local specialties such as goat heads and sheep heads (for making soup) and items needed by the farmers such as used/recycled iron tools...etc
Continue through Asni valley near "Ski resort", and take a secluded mountain road standing at 1800 meters above sea level to reach Imlil village, and you will pass through traditional Berber villages built from adobe and stones, and discover the authentic life of Berber people and culture. Afterward, head toward (Tagadert village), the place where you will get lunch at a local Berber house and enjoying a Berber meal made by my mother. In addition Imlil area famous by its fruit trees (Apples, walnut, almonds, peaches, etc), so have your camera ready to take pictures of the highest peak in North Africa from our traditional terraces, Toubkal mount with more than 4000 m. After lunch at my home, we will continue our discovering of the Berber areas And came back to your accommodation in Marrakech around 17:30 PM.
- What To Expect- Full-day tour of the Atlas Mountains and Three Valleys
- Travel up to the Atlas Mountains, and go on a camel ride
- Visit the home of a Berber family to learn more about their everyday lifestyle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off are included
- What Is Included- Traditional Berber meal (Couscous , tajine, salad, bread, fruits ... )
- Berber mint tea/orange Bottles of water
- Camel ride in nature
- 4WD mini van from to Marrakech
- What Is Not Included- Personal expenses
- Know Before You Go- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers