The tour starts at 12;30 from Alexander Nevsky Cathedral. Your guide will take you around all of the interesting sites in the centre of Sofia- the Cathedral, the Basilica, the Presidency, the Roman heritage, and others- and will tell you about their history as well as about the overall history of Sofia and Bulgaria.
While you enjoy the sightseeing tour, your guide will also take you to some ‘hidden’ places, which you will hardly find on your own. In these places, you will have the chance to try some of the most famous Bulgarian drinks and foods such as “ayran”- salty yoghurt drink, “banitsa”- pastry with white cheese, “shopksa salad”- the traditional Bulgarian salad with tomatoes and cucumbers, local “meze” (salami), home-style bread and some sweets like “baklava”.
The tour ends at about 4pm near Serdica metro station.
- What Will You DoYou will go around the main landmarks in the city center and learn their history. You will have 3 stops where you will try traditional local foods.
- What To Expect- Discover the heritage of Sofia, its old buildings and places
- Visit the most important cultural and historical places
- Learn more about the typical local foods and drinks
- Taste the traditional delicious “banitsa”, “shopska” salad and sweets
- Try the local drinks like “ayran” and some beer
- What Is Included- Private local guide
- Sightseeing tour in the heart of Sofia
- Free entrance to Alexandar Nevsky Cathedral, Saint Sofia Basilica and Saint George Rotunda
- A lot of food tasting that will include: banitsa & ayran, shopska salad, homemade bread, local beer and sweets
- What Is Not Included- Additional food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)