‘With this guided tour you will have the chance to see and get to know the history behind Sofia`s historical landmarks located in the centre. The capital of Bulgaria has preserved heritage from different cultures and epochs- Roman, Early Christian. Ottoman, Bulgarian, Soviet. You will walk by all of the important buildings while your guide is telling you their stories.
The most popular sights are Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, the second biggest on the Balkans, Saint George Rotunda- the oldest church in the town, dating back to the 4th century and Saint Sofia Basilica- the medieval symbol of Serdica, built in the 6th century.
Other interesting places that will be seen are the Parliament, National Theater “Ivan Vazov”- one of the most beautiful buildings in the town, the former Royal Palace, the administration of the President, the mineral springs.
This tour will also give you the chance to taste typical Bulgarian breakfast called banitsa (pastry delight, prepared from dough and cheese) and ayran (salty yoghurt drink). It is a well know and very popular breakfast in Bulgaria. You will also have a local desert depending on the seasons.
The guided tour is about two hours, the stop for the breakfast is done in the middle of the tour.
- What To Expect- Discover the history and heritage of Sofia with a private sightseeing tour
- Visit Saint Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, the 2nd largest on the Balkans
- Visit Saint Sofia Basilica, dating back to the 6th century
- Visit Saint George Rotunda, dating back to the 4th century
- Try a traditional Bulgarian breakfast
- What Is Included- Professional live guide
- Private tour
- Sightseeing tour in the heart of the town
- Free entrance to Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, Saint Sofia Basilica, Saint George Rotunda
- Traditional Bulgarian breakfast- banitsa, ayran and a desert