Listing ID: 51308
10 Day Kingdom Of Wonder (Cambodia)Custom made for the beach bum, our 10-day Beach Explorer adventure takes you to 3 of the top island destinations in the Philippines. Incredible scenery and experiences are plentiful on the 10 Day Island Explorer, a beach lover's dream. Duration: 240 Hours (approx.)
Easy Cancellation - Cancel 3 days before for a full refund
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
Fast booking confirmation
We start and end this journey in one of our favorite SE Asian cities, Bangkok. But make no mistake, the main course of this adventure is the visually stunning Cambodia. Rich in culture and history and decorated with incredible temples and ruins, Cambodia truly is one of the most breathtaking countries in Southeast Asia. After wetting our palettes in Bangkok, we travel to Cambodia’s bustling capital city of Phnom Penh, then on to Siem Reap and the incredible Angkor Wat National Park, before making our round trip back to Bangkok.
Visit the golden palaces, temples and shrines of Bangkok, shop one of the city’s many charming floating markets or high fashion malls, or take in the rowdy and raucous revelry of Khao San Road. Enjoy the hustle and bustle of a modern-day Phnom Pehn. Cruise the riverside restaurants, visit the Royal Palace, or take in some of the country’s incredibly sobering modern history. Stand in awe of the magnificent temples of Angkor Wat National Park, home to some of the most incredible temples and ruins in all of the world let alone Southeast Asia. Temples and history aren’t the only things in store for you here though, as Cambodia is a country loaded with opportunities for creating the adventure of a lifetime. Remember to charge your phone, camera, or whatever you take photos with, because you’ll have a hard time putting it down on the 10 Day Kingdom Of Wonder Adventure.
- What Will You DoYou arrive in Bangkok late the first evening. The group meets for welcome drinks and a short information session at our guesthouse. Day 2 is when the action starts as we embark on our first included activity, a day trip to former capital of Ayutthaya where you’ll see some of the most impressive Buddhist temples in all of Thailand.
From Bangkok you will fly into the capital of Cambodia, Phnom Penh. We are picked up at the airport by a fleet of private tuk-tuks that take us for a ride through the wild and crazy Phnom Penh traffic to our accommodations. Our first night in town we have our official Far Out welcome dinner, and party it up at our amazing guesthouse. Day 4 we embark on our first group activity in Cambodia, a sobering day trip to Tuol Sleng Prison and the Choeung Ek Killing Fields. The last day in town is yours for exploring. You can visit the National Museum, the Royal Palace, take a Khmer cooking class, visit the Russian market and much more in this exciting capital city.
From Phnom Penh we will be taking a private minibus north to Seam Reap. Our first day is yours to get acquainted, but in the evening the group usually gets together and heads to the Angkor Night Market and Pub Street for some fun. Day 7 is our group activity, an absolutely incredible day exploring the ancient temples of Angkor Wat National Park. Days 8 & 9 are free time and the activities available to you are pretty awesome. Hike Phnom Kulen mountain, visiting ancient temples and fantastic waterfalls. Take a trip to one of the floating villages on Tonle Sap Lake and stick around for an evening “cultural” booze cruise. Hop on an ATV and cruise the countryside, or catch the sunset in a hot air balloon. Siem Reap is a backpacker’s dreamland, teeming with must do activities.
The morning of Day 10 we board a plane and head back to Bangkok, Thailand for the last night of your Far Out Adventure. Our hosts in Bangkok have a special send off celebration planned for us. Say goodbye to the amazing new friends you’ve made over the past 10 days, and prepare yourself for your onward journey home. Or perhaps like many of our guests you’ll be having so much fun you’ll want to join us for another 10 days on the next part of our circuit, in Laos!
- What To ExpectBangkok - The Capital city of Thailand, Bangkok is one of the largest cities in the region and the main gateway for many travelers arriving in SE Asia. Known for it’s ancient temples, vibrant street life, fantastic food and abundance of shopping opportunities, Bangkok is a big city with a lot to offer the adventurous type. We begin or end (sometimes both) all of our Thailand trips in Bangkok, giving all of our Thailand travelers the opportunity to soak up the sights and sounds of this truly Far Out city.
Tour the ancient shrines and temples, shop the floating markets, street stalls and world class malls, cruise the river on a long boat hopping on and off at the various sites of Bangkok, or spend the night cutting loose in the backpacker’s party mecca of Khao San Rd. Bangkok is a big time city full of big time fun.
Phnom Penh - Phnom Penh is indeed a city on the move. Only 40 years removed from a horrific cultural genocide, Phnom Penh is a rapidly developing city on the rebound, which attracts hordes of travelers every year with it’s unique combination of culture and history.
Learn about Khmer culture and history at the Royal Palace and the National Museum. Take a walk along the riverside and grab a drink or some authentic Khmer food at one of the many bars and restaurants. Learn about the tragic genocide the people of Cambodia experienced during the late 1970’s at the Tuol Sleng Prison, or the Choeung Ek Killing Fields. In the evening hop a river boat for a night cruise, hang at one of the hundreds of Khmers bars with the friendly locals, or visit one of the city’s many popular night clubs.
Siem Reap - Travelers flock to Siem Reap year after year for a chance to see the temples of Angkor Wat National Park, home to some of the most stunning ancient temples and ruins in the world. Be taken aback by the incredible detail and impressive preservation of the magnificent Angkor Wat and awed by temples that have gradually be taken over by the forest throughout the years, with stunning results. The temples of Angkor are astonishingly beautiful, and are sure to take your breath away.
While you could spend days visiting the temples of Angkor Wat National park, there are a lot of other offerings on tap in Siem Reap. Take a worthwhile visit to one of the floating villages, or partake in a “cultural” booze cruise on the Tonle Sap lake located just outside the city. Volunteer as an English teacher for an afternoon at one of the children’s schools. Hop on an ATV and cruise the Cambodian country side, or go for a ride in a hot air balloon and take in the incredible views of the temples stretching for miles into the sunset. In the evening head to the night market to practice your bartering skills, or make your way to the backpacker party haven of “Pub Street”, where the drinks are dirt cheap and lifelong memories are free…as long as you don’t drink too much and forget. A big-time guest favorite, Siem Reap is loads of fun and truly a Far Out Adventure.
- What Is IncludedIncluded
• Welcome Dinner
• Far Out Welcome Package: There’s a trip information guide, a welcome dinner, and a few welcome gifts to keep you comfortable on your Far Out Adventure.
• Not one, but TWO knowledgeable and fun leaders who know the lay of the land and will help make sure you’re having the time of your life, every day of your trip.
• All accommodations during your trip. We’ve scoured our destinations for the best group accommodations available. We always look for the perfect combination of environment, comfort, fun, friendly service and safety.
• All transportation between trip destinations and to included activities.
• At least one Far Out activity in each destination we visit, normally the top “must do” activities. The 10 Day Kingdom Of Wonder adventure includes the following activities.
• Tuol Sleng Prison Tour
• Choeung Ek Killing Fields Tour
• Angkor Wat National Park Temple Adventure
- What Is Not IncludedNot Included
• Spending Money: For budgeting tips, please visit https://faroutadventures.ca/about/your-travel-budget/
• Additional/optional activities
• Cambodian Visa On Arrival ($35 USD for most nationalities. Please contact your closest Cambodian consulate consulate or embassy for more information).
• Food and beverages (except those mentioned in What’s Included)
• Transportation for personal/optional activities not included in the tour.