Snowshoeing in Albania is a fascinating trip which combines great mountain scenery, unique insights into the local culture and fantastic snowshoeing routes in the Alps.
One day will even be spent snowshoeing across the border into Kosovo. Albania nature in winter has breathtaking views.
If you love winter sports this is the right tour for you!
- What Will You DoDay 1. Mother Theresa Airport - Tirana The group is met at the airport by the Tour leader and next transferred to our hotel in Tirana. Depending on the arrival time we can schedule a guided walk through the city center. Overnight: Tirana
Day 2. Tirana – Gjakove - Bajram Curri - Valbonë The group starts driving into the heart of the Albanian Alps through the cities of Prizren and Gjakova in Kosovo. Dinner on Sondor Travel. Overnight: Valbonë, Albania. Distance 300 km. Altitude in Valbonë 900 m
Day 3. Valbonë – Rrogam – Valbonë Today we begin with an explanatory session about the snowshoes for the first timers. Our destination for the day is the village of Rragam. We will bring our lunch bags with us. Overnight: Valbone. Distance 10 km. Maximal altitude 1100 m. Duration 7 hours including breaks.
Day 4. Valbonë - Kukaj - Valbonë During the first part of the walk we will snowshoe along Valbona riverbed. After lunch, we continue following an old track to the point where we see Jezerca the 2694 m high. Overnight: Valbone.
Day 5. Valbonë - Grykat e hapta – Valbonë Today's hike is going to be more challenging, as we will snowshoe in Grykat e Hapta Mountain 2625 m high. We begin snowshoeing straight from the hotel (900 m). Next we continue alongside the mountain until we reach the highest point. Alternative Route: If in Grykat e Hapta is not enough snow, we will go snowshoeing in Gropa e Rragamit. Overnight: Valbone. Distance 8 km. Maximal altitude 1300 m. Duration 7 hours including breaks
Day 6. Valbonë – Bajram Curri - Bujan - Tropojë Today we walk along the valley taking doing snowshoeing. In the end we take off the snowshoes and boots and with our minibus head to the city of Bajram Curri for lunch. Overnight: Tropojë village. Driving distance 40 km. Altitude 800 m. Duration 6-7 hours (from this 2 hours is only walking)
Day 7. Tropojë - Buçaj - Padesh - Botushë - Gjakovë (Kosovo) Today we drive for 20 min until the village of Buçaj. From there we begin walking through the snow to the village of Padesh for around 3 hours. We accommodate in city of Gjakove (about 30 min) where will be accommodated and have dinner. Overnight: Gjakovë. Distance 20 km. Altitude 1450 m. Duration 8-9 hours (from this 6 hours walking)
Day 8. Gjakovë - Prizren - Tirana (Albania) Today we will visit the city of Gjakovë and walk through the ottoman Bazaar which has around 500 stores, one of the longest in Balkan. After this, the visit in Gjakovë ends and we drive to the historic city of Prizren. After lunch we continue driving to the city of Tirana. Overnight: Tirana. Traveling distance 235 km. Duration (including the visits) 7 - 8 hours.
Day. 9 Tirana - Mother Theresa Airport After the visits in Tirana, we drive to the airport. The end of program.
- What To Expect- Breathtaking views of Valbona Valley
- Great snowshoeing trails
- Amazing local experiences
- Unexplored destinations
- What Is Included- Accommodation in a 3 or 4 star hotel, BB services, 8 nights:
- 6 lunches in traditional restaurants
- 7 dinners in the restaurants of the hotels or in traditional restaurants
- English speaking guide for 9 days
- Local assistant guide as we snowshoe on the: 3d day, 4th day, 5th day, 6th day and 7th days, (5 days)
- Transportation by minibus for 7 days
- Entrance in museums and religious object
- Renting of the snowshoeing equipment
- Assistance of Sondor Travel
- What Is Not Included- 100 euro per single supplement
- Everything that is not mentioned above