In a small group, up to 6 guests per guide this exciting Jeep tour, will show you the best Crete has to offer. The fun begins as you hop into a Jeep for a tour which includes an off-road adventure through the picturesque landscape of Crete, Greece’s largest island known for its varied terrain.
Head to small village of Ano Vouves to see the world’s oldest living olive tree, still producing its precious liquid some 3,000 years later. Tour the small museum and learn the challenges involved in ancient olive oil production.
Head to Anoskeli’s local winery and olive mill where you will enjoy a professionally guided tour of the facilities and learn how they produce olive oil. While here, enjoy some extra virgin olive oil with oregano and lemon juice on warm, freshly baked bread.
Over in the wine section of the facilities you will discover their wine making processes and sample the results as well as a taste of a local alcohol named “tsikouthia”.
Take phots from above the Deliana-Mesavlia gorge with local mountain goats, watch as vultures soar gracefully in the air and soak in breathtaking panoramic views. The gorge is characterized by the dense vegetation around its creek and in spring is at its peak and the water flows in abundance.
From there you will ride back to Anoskeli village to enjoy your lunch time in a restaurant with a magnificent view to the olive valley. Your delicious lunch will consist of a traditional Cretan flavor with Cretan or season salad, wine and dessert.
Our last stop will be in a cave, “Saint John the Hemit cave” from wher you cna enjoy the view to the Aegean sea to the north and to White mountains to the south. Admire and take plenty of photos of wild landscape nature.
Book this small group full-day tour today and get ready for a fun taste of the authentic Crete.
- What To Expect- Sample Crete’s produce and countryside on a 4x4 day trip from Chania
- Visit villages, wineries, and mills without transport or planning hassles
- See an ancient olive tree, try olive oil and wines, and cross Mesavlia Gorge
- Limited to 10 people, with pickup and drop-off in the Chania area
- What Is Included- Lunch
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Wine and Olive Oil tasting
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Liability Insurance
- Entry/Admission - The Monumental Olive Tree of Vouves
- Entry/Admission - Anoskeli Winery
- Entry/Admission - Cave of St John the Hermit
- What Is Not Included- Gratuities
- Know Before You Go- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- TransfersTransfer is available up to 25km (15 miles) from Chania. Please remember to provide your complete address at the time of booking.
The complete information of the Tour guide and driver, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.