Our trip starts from Athens.
Great experience, Mercedes cars, comfort and safety transportation under high standards,these are some of the benefits of booking a private transfer with us.
Also we can only offer a local guideline on the sites we are going to see, because we are not allowed to guide you inside of them.
But, we can provide you with lots of information about the sites we are going to visit.
If we can combine it with our passion to show to our travelers our heritage, we think this is the recipe of success to show to world our amazing and majestic archaeological sites, landscapes etc.
- What Will You Do1. Depart from Athens with your local guide on a private vehicle.
2. Our tour starts at Ancient Sparta. We visit the ancient city of Sparta, where we will see its Acropolis, its ancient Theater and some Roman-era houses. Ancient Sparta was built on the banks of the Eurotas River in Laconia, southeast of the Peloponnese, and became known as a political-military force in Greece at the beginning of the Archaic period (800 BC to 479 BC) to reach its decline after its victory in the Peloponnesian War over Athens and its allies, where it imposed until 371 BC. her hegemony. That was the year when Sparta was defeated by the Thebans. In 362 BC it completely lost its power, along with the rise of the Kingdom of Macedonia, to be conquered later on by the Romans. An important creation that the visitor will have the opportunity to admire closely, is the statue of Leonidas in which his entire outfit is depicted in the battle of Thermopylae in 480 BC. during the second invasion of the Persians in Greece, after their defeat 10 years ago, in Marathon. We will also see the tomb of Leonidas (whose corpse, after 50 years, was transported and buried in Sparta in 430 BC), the statue of Lycurgus (the legislator of ancient Sparta who established the system of military education of the Spartans' society, according to Apollo's Oracle in Delphi), we will see the Museum of the Olive Tree and the Kaiada, where - contrary to the prevailing myth - official investigations, starting from 1983 to the present, have shown from the bone findings that there were no Spartan children with birth defects that were executed, but adult males and females instead (traitors, sentenced to death, criminals and prisoners of war).
3. After Ancient Sparta, we visit the Cave of Kaiadas. It was a pit or underground cavern at Sparta, into which state-prisoners or their corpses were thrown. We are going to see its majestic landscape and do a peregrination.
4. Last, but not least, we go to Mystras' Castle. Built on the slopes of Taygetos, the Castle of Mystras takes the visitor on a journey through time. It remains virtually indestructible and desolate, generously offering an unprecedented cultural experience (and not only) in landscapes that awakens the senses.
5. Return to your address in Athens.
- What To Expect- Visit to the magnificent archaeological site of Ancient Sparta
- Taste the traditional flavors of the area
- Walking through majestic landscapes
- What Is Included- Coffee and/or Tea
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Know Before You Go- This is a private tour. Only your group will participate
- The maximum capacity of the tour is of 4 people per group
- Bring your ID with you