Our Stand Up Paddle tour will take you outside of the city to the best kept secrets of the Douro River and its amazing tributaries. You will experience the unique feeling of standing and paddling in calm and pristine waters surrounded just by Nature.
We will explore the Arda river, a small affluent of the magnificent Douro River. This activity is perfect for beginners, couples and families, since these rivers have no currents and are sheltered from the wind. The tour guide will take photos of the tour and will give them afterwards to you.
Located near Porto, the Arda River is one of the most beautiful and tranquil rivers in Portugal, with surprises at every turn of the river, crystal clear waters, wild fruits and a great diversity of fauna and flora.
- What Will You Do9:30 am: departure from Matosinhos (in front of the Pure Wave).
10:30 am: Check-in at Pedorido Pier, near the Arda River.
11 am: Briefing and beginning of the tour. Let's make some stops along the way to rest and refresh, taking time to see some of the animals that walk along the river, like ducks and geese.
13.30: End of the tour.
- What To Expect- See the other side of Porto: the small villages, the mountains, forest and quiet rivers, and wildlife: fishes, birds, otters and river turtles. All of that on an unique perspective doing a new and fun sport.
- During our tour we will paddle in the middle of the Nature and enjoy the amazing landscapes the river has to offer us. And depending on the season we will pick fruits straight out of ours boards, such as blueberries and grapes, and watch the animals around us, such as fishes, birds, otters and river turtles.
- What Is Included- Pick-up at your hotel, hostel or accommodation in Porto
- All-gear (board, paddle, leash) and insurance
- Snack (water, cereal bar and fruit)
- Qualified instructor