Today your tour will start at 08:00.
Pick up your hotel in Nyaung Shwe or Inle Lake and Enjoy a unique cultural discovery on this Kakku tour.
Travel the winding roadways that lead from the lowlands around Inle Lake and into the Shan Hills. Enjoy the views as the scenery shifts from low-lying rice paddies to hillside fields and farms.
Cross through Taunggyi, the Shan State’s thriving capital, and onwards through villages inhabited by the Pa-Oh people. After the two-hour scenic drive, arrive at Kakku.
Be awe-struck as thousands of stupas come into view. Wander amid these structures, some of which are 20-metres high. Take a closer look at the intricate carvings and details that can be found on some of the stupas. While exploring, learn of their mysterious origins dating back to the 11th century and their significance to the Pa-Oh people.
Despite its beauty, few tourists make it to Kakku and it is likely that no other visitors will be there. The solitude of the site and its remote location add to its allure.
After enjoying the Kakku tour, take a break for lunch at a local restaurant (your own account) and then commence the drive down from the highlands.
On the way, stop in a Pa-Oh village. Although living near to Taunggyi, the Pa-Oh retain their own unique culture and language. Learn about their customs and traditions with this insightful visit.
Then continue drive back Nyaung Shwe and transfer to your hotel.
- What Is Included- Sightseeing and tour with air conditioned car
- Transfers and tours with English-speaking local guide
- Entrance fee for Kakku temple
- Purified drinking water bottle
- What Is Not Included- Lunch at local restaurant
- lnle Zone fee
- Travel Insurance
- Myanmar visa fee
- Surcharges for other language guides
- Personal expenditure, such as drinks, souvenirs, laundry, camera fees, communications, postage, gratuities etc.
- Services, which are not mentioned above