Traveling with a 4×4 car is the best way to visit and discover the highlands of the Eastern Carpathians. Your adventure tour starts in Miercurea Ciuc where your guide awaits you to set off with a Suzuki Jimny 4×4 vehicle into the mountains and forests of the Eastern Carpathians. Before starting your off-road experience, you ride half an hour along the villages of the Ciuc Basin until the small village of Csikszentmihaly (Nicolesti) where the wilderness trails of the Ciuc Mountains begin. First you ride up to the bare ridge of the Naskalat Mountains and follow the forest roads going along the ridge. In 2-2,5 hours you get to the border of the Bicaz Gorges – Hasmas National Park where you have picnic from local products and go on a 2-3 hour easy trekking tour to the top of the 1707 m high Ecem Peak. From the craggy ridge of the Ecem Mountains you can enjoy the silence and a great panorama over the surrounding mountains. When you get back to the car, continue your trip riding on remote forest routes and through mountain traditional areas to the small dispersed village of Haromkut. Here you can witness the traditional way of living and taste locally raised fresh trouts served by a local family. In the surroundings of the village you may meet horses, sheep and oxen flocks grazing, guarded by shepherds. From Haromkut head to the breathtaking Bicaz Gorges riding along the picturesque Bicajel Valley with wooden houses and haystacks, dense forests and small waterfalls. After admiring the massive gorges and a short walk along Red Lake, a 1,5-hour ride follows back to Miercurea Ciuc.
- What Will You Do- Get off the beaten track and explore the Eastern Carpathians in a 4x4 vehicle
- Challenge yourself on remote forrest roads
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Taste local products and cuisine
- Hike in the Bicaz Gorges-Hasmas National Park
- Admire the breathtaking Bicaz Gorges
- Walk along the beautiful Red Lake
- Choice of morning or dawn departure
- What To ExpectBe prepared for a 6-8 hours long tour which is tailored to your preferences regarding how much offroading, hiking or sightseeing you would like to have during this one day tour.
- What Is IncludedBilingual local driver/guide during the whole itinerary
Private round-trip transport by a 4wd car from Miercurea Ciuc (100 km from Sighisoara, 103 km from Brasov)
Meals as specified in the description
- What Is Not IncludedHotel pickup and drop-off can be offered on request
Alcoholic and other refreshing drinks (available to purchase)