On our private tour up to 3 PAX, where you can drive a vintage Fiat Panda 4×4 off-road, you’ll be able to combine the thrill of off-road driving with the wonderful sightseeing that Caniçal and Santo António da Serra has to offer. Truly, this experience can’t be put into words, you just have to live it by yourself.
We’ll usually pick-up our clients at the hotel, accommodation or ship, and then we go straight to Caniçal, the oldest geological part of Madeira. The you’ll be able to see Ponta de São Lourenço, to spot the difference from the North and South Coast.
Afterwards we’ll slowly climb towards Santo António da Serra, to enter the Laurissilva florest. It’s classified as World Heritage Site by Unesco, because of it’s exclusiveness, most of the plants you will only find in Madeira. This is where you can fill your lungs with real, pure, unpolluted fresh air.
At the same time we’ll start our off-road adventure, after a small security briefing. We’ll pass through Funduras and go towards Portela on a path full of beauty and fun.
Here we’ll have a nice view of Porto da Cruz, a nice village on the north!
Still off roading we’ll be heading towards Santo da Serra to taste a real poncha, made with natural fruits.
After we’ll be heading back to Funchal, through the old roads we’re you’ll be able to sense the old Madeira and the countryside living.
- What Will You DoOn a Private Tour, with no stress or rushing we will do a lot of Sightseeing and also have an off-road driving experience (Optional).
We will also taste a Poncha, a traditional local alcoholic drink, much appreciated by the locals.
- What To ExpectA lot of sightseeing, a lot of fun driving our Panda 4x4 Off-Road. Hair growing in your chests while drinking Poncha.
Our Panda is like a Buggy on steroids! You don't have to get all dirty or muddy like you would on a Buggy, and you'll get to places you wouldn't go on a Buggy either!
This is a proper way to have a nice time, even if it's raining. You may lose something in Sightseeing but you'll have a surplus of fun! That's for sure!
- What Is Included- Driver/guide.
- Local guide.
- Transport by private vehicle.
- Pickup and drop-off from Santa Cruz to Câmara de Lobos.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- What Is Not IncludedEverything that is not disclaimed upon;
- 3 PAX maximum.
- Minimum age is 18 years to drive.
- Drivers must have EU drivers license.
- Children with at least 12 years old.
- Not recommended for participants with back problems.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- TransfersPickup and drop-off from Santa Cruz to Câmara de Lobos (Center).
We will pick-up and drop-off our customers at the Hotel, accommodation or harbor. Outside this area we will have to charge an extra fuel tax.