When you’re visiting Venice don’t miss the opportunity to take an enchanting gondola ride along the city’s Grand Canal and its inner canals. On this special tour you’ll also visit the interior of St. Mark’s Basilica to admire its priceless treasures.
The guide will meet you at the winged lion column at the Saint Mark’s square and walk your way to the entrance of the Cathedral, which is just a few minutes away and Skip-the-line at the entrance to the cathedral.
Inside this Golden Basilica, the guide with explains to you the famous fact about the incredible golden mosaics and the masterpieces of Byzantine arts which you’ll be awed! Byzantine arts are a unique artwork in Italy and mosaics are found in the church’s atrium, you’ll have the pleasure to savor beautiful gold mosaics and marble inlays of the floors, while the guide will show you the represented biblical scenes from the Old Testaments, the history and the particularities of this ancient basilica.
The guide will also point out a treasury view which is a splendor of religious art collection among the centuries, where you’ll admire the altarpiece of Pala d’Oro an exquisite example of the Byzantine art with its thousands of gems and precious stones. As you feast your eyes with treasures, the guide will narrate the history of this Byzantine artwork and the story behind each of it.
Later the guide will escort you to the most interesting visit inside the cathedral, to the Museum of St Marks. You’ll have the opportunity to observe the Bacoòoaas’c ceiling and the mosaics up close but also the chance to see the most impressive and magnificent original sculpture of the Horses of St Mark. These gold-plated bronze horses were originally in the Hippodrome of Constantinople and listen to the stories and history of the other artwork and of how the Horses of St. Marks was pillaged during the Fourth Crusade.
As the tour ends at the museum and the guide will escort you to climb aboard on a gondola for a 30-minute punt along the canals of Venice. Be lulled by the gentle sway of the lagoon as you move deeper into the minor canals, and coast past lesser known areas to see quaint corners and majestic palaces from a new perspective.
This two-and-a-half-hour tour will end again at the docks of Grand Canal, it’ll be a hassle free and not overwhelming tour. Share this wonderful experience with the people closet to you and discover this enchanted city with our professional guides.
- What To Expect- Walk in the footsteps of Marco Polo and discover where the great explorer lived and worked.
- Discover the city and its picturesque as you glide down small canals and into the larger Grand Canal.
- Embark on a 2.5-hour tour with a professional experienced guide.
- What Is Included- Official certified guide
- Radio system to hear the guide
- Skip the Line access to the Basilica
- Tickets to the treasury, Museum of St Marks and Pala d’Oro
- 30 minutes Gondola ride
- We guarantee "Skip the Line" even during peak season, except in the event of delays or strikes by the Cathedral management
- What Is Not Included- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Guided tour on gondola
- Know Before You Go- The tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide or in case of religious functions (in these cases it can be rearranged or refunded)
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes as there is a moderate amount of walking involved
- Please wear clothes that cover your shoulders and are knee-length to access St Mark’s Basilica, otherwise you might not be allowed in
- Please note that the tour requires a minimum number of guests to run
- Please note that if you arrive after the tour start time you will not be able to join and will not be refunded or have your tour rescheduled