This unforgettable African safari tour (2 Days Ngorongoro and Manyara Safaris) will take you to the Ngorongoro Crater, featuring one of the highest concentrations of game in Africa. Here you will witness an amazing spectacle of African wildlife – inside a self-contained world, teeming with animals.
Your tour will also take you to the Lake Manyara National Park, one of Tanzania’s most dramatically located wildlife areas, consisting of a shallow but huge soda lake, at the foot of the Great Rift Valley’s western escarpment.
The size of both the selected Lake Manyara and Ngorongoro Crater national parks, make them a perfect choice for our shorter safaris, or a photographic safari.
- What Will You DoDay 1 - Arusha - Lake Manyara
Non game-viewing travel time: 3 ½ hours
Distance: 203 km
Meet our professional tours guide/driver in Moshi town, who will deliver a short safari info briefing, after which, we travel to the Lake Manyara National Park. We arrive in time for lunch at the lodge. After lunch we head into the Lake Manyara National Park. This impressive park is one of Tanzania's most dramatically located wildlife areas, consisting of a massive but shallow soda lake (covering two-thirds of the park) at the foot of the Great Rift Valley's western escarpment. The park's varied habitat attracts a wide variety of animals, including one of Africa's largest concentrations of elephants, Manyara's famous tree-climbing lions, as well as large flocks of flamingos attracted by the algae in the lake. Dinner and overnight as per the standard and type of accommodation option requested.
Day 2 - Lake Manyara National Park - Ngorongoro Crater - Moshi
Non game-viewing travel time: 2 & 5hours
Distance: 60km & 273 km
After breakfast we descend 600m into this magnificent crater for a morning, half-day game drive. The Ngorongoro Crater is one of the most densely crowded African wildlife areas in the world and is home to an estimated 30,000 animals including some of Tanzania's last remaining black rhino. Supported by a year round water supply and fodder, the Ngorongoro National Park supports a vast variety of animals, which include herds of wildebeest, zebra, buffalo, eland, warthog, hippo, and giant African elephants. Another big draw card to this picturesque national park is the dense population of predators, which include lions, hyenas, jackals, cheetahs and the ever-elusive leopard, which sometimes requires a trained eye to spot. We will enjoy a picnic lunch in the crater, after which we travel back to Moshi where we will end our African safari adventure. You will be taken to your hotel, which ends our safari packages services.
The departure dates for all our African safaris and trekking packages are totally flexible according to your own personal needs. Please contact us for further and more detailed info, as well as information on photographic safaris and Kilimanjaro trekking packages.
- What Is Included- Camping safari according to the itinerary
- Private Jeep 4×4 equipped with refrigerator, portable charging stations and pop-up roof
- Unlimited mileage game drive
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- Professional, English-speaking safari cook
- Overnight stays in safari tents
- All camping equipment (tents, sleeping mats, chairs, tables etc.)
- Meals according to the itinerary
- Mineral water 3 litters daily
- All mentioned activities
- All camping and park entrances fees
- Flying Doctors insurance (AMREF) during the safari for emergence evacuations
- All government taxes
- What Is Not Included- Flights ( International)
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Gratuities for safari guide
- Personal expenses in nature such as money for souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees etc.
- Visa fees ( 100 USD for American and 50 USD for non-American)
- Immunization documents ( yellow fever recommended for visa processing on arrivals)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and /or park fees