In this Dolphin Watch tour participants will have the experience of watch in in the wild the bottlenose dolphins in the wild and their behaviour as the only resident group in a river estuary in Europe.
Participants will be briefed about the conservation efforts and about the history of the maritime park that stretches from the northern coastal area of Sesimbra´s Espichel cape up to the Setubal peninsula.
Along the tour our local experienced guides will tell you some stories about the magnificent coast of the Arrábida and their traditions.
Before we head back home we all will jump in to the water in one of the most pristine bays Portugal have to offer and enjoy a relaxing morning with a stand up paddle board cruise along the bay!
Once back in the marina you will have the option to end your morning tour with a refreshing shower in our facilities.
- What Will You Do09:45 - Meet in our centre in the harbour área in the lovely village of Sesimbra. Regular safety briefing with our staff and crew that will escort you along the tour.
10:00 - Depart from Sesimbra's Harbour.
11:00 - Boat Safari across the Maritime Park were we will meet the botllenose dolphins.
- Briefing about this amazing sea mamals and all the efforts to there preservation.
- With over 98% of sucessful dolphins spotting in this tours Sesimbra is one of the best places in the world to watch this amazing mammals.
12:00 - Arrival to Armação Bay were participants can dive and swim in this amazing sheltered bay.
- In this secluded bay you will find na old fort as well some fisherman´s old fishing houses.
- Our local guides will do a story telling about this beautiful place and its history along the ages.
13:00 - Arrival to Sesimbra
- What To Expect- In this tour we will head out to the Atlantic Ocean and cruise along the Maritime Park "Professor Luiz Saldanha" .
- Look out for playful pods of bottlenose dolphins and take in the beautiful coastal scenery of the surrounding Arrábida Mountains.
- Snap some photos and enjoy some time Paddling or swimming in Armação Bay before heading back to shore.
- Through out all the tour our local guides will tell you all about the history of Sesimbra, its monuments and landscape features like the fortresses, monastery and many others incredible places and legends.
- What Is Included- Boat rental with crew
- Local Guides
- Welcome drink and waters for all participants
- Storytelling cruise
- Dolphin watch tour and national park dolphin watch license
- Use of our facilities in Sesimbra harbour - Wifi / Toilets / Showers