The tour starts at your hotel or private address in Porto at 8:30 am. You are picked up by an experienced tour guide, driving a comfortable mini-van with air conditioning and driven to the Douro Valley. On the way, our tour guide introduces you to the region, providing you with some local information on history, geography, traditions and of course the wines!
Once in the Douro Valley, visit a charming little winery, starting with a guided tour to understand the essence of Port, its main styles and what makes it different from any other wine. Take a photo of a traditional “wine press” used to manually step the grapes and learn how wine ages in small oak barrels and large oak barrels.
Then take part in a wine tasting session and try some of the best local wines in the company of a specialized guide who tells you everything you need to know about each wine.
After that, you are taken to an amazing riverside local restaurant where a typical lunch is served. Sample traditional Portuguese flavors with DOC Douro wine while meeting other people on your group tour.
Continuing the itinerary, head to the second small winery, having some of the most incredible views of the region. The visit follows the same pattern as the first place, but of course the wine changes. Start touring the place with a local guide, followed by a special tasting of 4 different wines.
Last but not least, visit a third winery in the small village of Pinhão and have a super special taste of a Vintage Port with a panoramic view of the Douro Valley, by the river.
You’re back to your place in Oporto at 6:30 p.m., sure you’ve visited a magical place!
- What Will You DoIn this 10 hour tour of Porto, we invite you to visit the magnificent Douro Valley, as you stroll through 3 of the best wineries in the region with a small group. Savor and learn about the different styles of Porto and DOC Douro wines.
Be amazed by the stunning river view of the restaurant at lunchtime while you continue to experience local wines with traditional flavors of the region.
Before returning to Porto, there will be a photographic stop in Pinhão through the 19th century railway station, decorated with 24 panels of tiles from 1937, representing images of the Douro Valley and its traditions.
- What To Expect- Spend the day exploring the wine region of the Douro Valley.
- Visit three vineyards and enjoy wine tastings in each.
- Sit down for a delicious Portuguese lunch overlooking the river.
- Enjoy a personalized experience on this excursion for small groups.
- What Is Included- Hotel search and delivery service
- Transport by air conditioning Mini Van
- Professional guide
- Visit 3 Wineries - Guided Tours + Wine Tasting Sessions
- 10 Wine Tasting - Port Wine + DOC Douro
- Vintage Port Special Proof
- Lunch at the restaurant by the river
- Local Olive Oil
- Visit to the Pinhão Railway Station
- Mineral water