Falling in love with Chianti and Tuscany is the mission of this exclusive wine day tour we present you! From Siena you start a special tour from 9 am in the morning. Your first stop will be Monterinaldi Winery.
The Castle of Monterinaldi is in the heart of the oldest historical area of the Chianti Classico! The winery has always posed great attention to environmental matters, in a constant attempt to keep the impact of insecticides and herbicides as close to zero as possible. So, in order to verify the feasibility of organic farming in the estate, for the past four years, an experiment of total organic management of selected batches of their vines has been done.
At your arrival you’ll enjoy a tour of the vineyard with the explanation of all the different processes of wine making and then you’ll taste 4 wines paired with local dishes!
After the tour your next stop will be Tenuta Torciano, 30 minutes drive. Here you will enjoy a very interesting experience of lunch and wine tasting. Upon arrival, you will be greeted by family and staff for a short walking tour of the historical structures. The visit allows an insight into the reality of the vineyards of the Giachi family from the point of view of the territory itself.
The lunch is always a unique experience with a local sommelier explaining you all the best techniques to perfect taste the wine! You taste tuscan cheeses and salami, Bruschetta, a tuscan Ribollita and cantuccini as dessert. You will actually taste 14 different products, including wine and food!
After the tasting you go to the amazing small village of San Gimignano (10 minutes drive). Here you can stroll around this splendid city and then our suggestion is to visit the beautiful museum of wine of Vernaccia of San Gimignano.
La Rocca is the municipal Centre for the documentation and tasting of Vernaccia di San Gimignano wine and local products. The centre was created by Consorzio del Vino Vernaccia di San Gimignano, a consortium which brings together all winegrowers producing Vernaccia di San Gimignano DOCG, the first Italian wine to obtain the Appellation of Origin in 1966, and it aims to safeguard and enhance the value of the local wine production.
At the end of the walking tour of San Gimignano and the museum you get back to Siena for the end of an extraordinary day!
- What Is Included- Roadbook with details of wineries and wine destination selected
- Visit at Monterinaldi Winery
- Guided tastings of 4 different wines
- Visit of Tenuta Torciano
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG
- Cabernet Bartolomeo Riserva I.G.T.
- Merlot Baldassarre Riserva I.G.T.
- Syrah Cavaliere Riserva I.G.T.
- Vernaccia di San Gimignano D.O.C.G.
- Chianti D.O.C.G.
- Chianti Classico D.O.C.G.
- Chianti Classico Riserva D.O.C.G.
- Vino Nobile di Montepulciano D.O.C.G.
- Vinbeato - Wine for dessert
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Cold Pressing
- White truffle flavored olive oil
- Pepper Flavored Olive Oil
- Balsamic Old Vinegar selected
- What Is Not Included- Private transportation
- Know Before You Go- This is a self drive tour
- Wineries may change according to avaIlability or last minute events; we will advise you accordingly and will always offer you the best wine tour!