Pick up from your hotel and start to ride the bike north-east through the back lanes of Mandalay, passing through vegetable markets and lively neighbourhoods.
Soon you are in the countryside where farmers tend to their fields and villagers go about daily rituals that have remained unchanged for decades. Water buffaloes roll lazily in the mud, goats nibble at foliage, and friendly locals respond to a wave or a smile.
Stop first at a market to learn about the different produce on sale, and continue your ride to see bamboo (rattan) weaving – this typical material is used to construct everything from roofs and walls to fans.
You also see a much sought-after bean curd being produced, and listen to the owner who will have you convinced it is the best quality bean product in the country. Take a walk through a typical central Myanmar village and learn about rural life and the different crops being grown. On the way back to town stop at a tea shop for some delicious snacks (your own account).
Go back to your hotel by bike.
- What Is Included- Bike rental
- Tours with English – speaking local guide
- Bike transfer arrangement to / from your stay hotel
- What Is Not Included- Lunch
- Travel Insurance
- Mandalay zone fees
- Myanmar visa fee
- Personal expenditure, such as drinks, souvenirs, laundry, camera fees, communications, postage, gratuities etc.
- Surcharges for other language guides
- Services, which are not mentioned above