The Champagne region is just over an hour from Paris and makes an ideal day trip for wine lovers. Let us visit historic sites, drive through stunning landscapes and charming villages and of course, drink champagne!
Your guide will explain the historical origins of champagne and the meaning of Reims and its cathedral. You will also hear the fascinating story of Dom Perignon and how he perfected the art of champagne production.
Later we will visit one of the main champagne houses in Epernay and a minor producer by contrast. You will learn how this iconic wine is produced and take a walk through the underground cellars.
Please bring something warm to use on the Champagne tour. The cellars are cool all year round (10 ° C / 50 ° F).
At the Wine Cellar Tour you can choose the champagne house that we visited (entrance fees vary). Suggestions include: Moet & Chandon, Tattinger, HG Mumm, Veuve Clicquot, Mercier, Ruinart & Pommery.
- What Will You DoTour Itinerary:
1. We will pick you up at your hotel around 7.30 in the morning to start our adventure in the Champagne region. Just sit back and relax and we'll give you an introduction to the history of Champagne. Unit is approximately 1 hour.
2. Our first stop will be in the historic city of Reims, the capital of Champagne. We will visit the classic Gothic cathedral and learn about its history and meaning in the origins of champagne.
3. We will then head for the charming village of Hautvilliers. Here, in St. Peter's Abbey, a young monk named Dom Perignon perfected the art of making champagne. We will also visit your final resting place.
4. Then we will have a lunch break in the lovely town of Epernay. Your guide will be able to recommend some restaurant options for you. Why not treat yourself to a glass of champagne?
5. After lunch, we will proceed to your choice of champagne house. You will be taken for a walk through the underground cellars and will be educated in the process of making champagne. Your tour will complete in the tasting room where you will have the chance to taste this exquisite wine and make a toast with Dom Perignon.
6. Next we will have the opportunity to experience the contrast of a smaller producer and taste his Champagne. This is often to highlight for our customers.
7. Once the tour concludes, we will return to the vehicle and start the drive back to Paris. We intend to return to your hotel around 17.30. If you prefer to have a bar or restaurant to continue your night in Paris, please let us know.
- What Is Included- All Transport
- Licensed Guide
- Entry to Cathedral & Abbey are Free
- What Is Not Included- Meals
- Ticket to Champagne House
- Tasting Fees