Six days Umbwe Route this route should only be considered by those with some sturdy calf muscles and experience trekking at high altitude. It is the shortest route on Kilimanjaro, just 28 km to the top but there is no such thing as a short cut on the mountain.
Day 1: Umbwe Gate (1,600 METERS) to Umbwe Cave camp (2,850 METERS) Day one this morning, a guide and a mountain support crew will arrive at the hotel in order to briefing with equipment check precede, you will be driven to the Machame Gate of Kilimanjaro National Park, where registration takes place. From there trekkers are transferred to the Umbwe Gate at 1,600 meters. Here you will start your trek with your guide and porters. Your support crew will have prepared the camp and dinner by the time you get there.
Day 2: Umbwe Cave (3000 METERS) to Barronco camp(3960 METERS) Day two the path gets steeper on this section, as you get out of the forest along the Umbwe ridge the route descends slightly to the Barranco camp situated in the valley. You will notice the camp is pretty busy. This is because you will be joining hikers from the Machame, Lemosho and Shira Route here. Therefore the population will be bigger.
Day 3: Barranco Camp (3960 METERS) to Karanga Camp (3963 METERS)
Early wake up, breakfast and starts with a steep climb up to Barranco Wall. No technical skills are required but you will need to use all four limbs to scramble up to the top. From here you will follow an up and down route along the Southern Circuit through the Karanga Valley and up to Karanga Camp (3,960 meters).
Day 4: Karanga Camp (3963 METERS) to Barafu Camp (4640 METERS)
Our day starts by descending into the Great Barranco, a huge ravine. We then exit steeply, up the Great Barranco Wall, which divides us from the southeastern slopes of Kibo. It’s a climb over rock, not technical, but long and tiring.
Day 5: Barafu Camp (4640 METERS) to Uhuru Peak (5895 METERS) and then to Mweka Camp (3100 METERS)
We start off at around midnight, and walk steeply upwards to the summit glaciers. The ascent to crater rim is the most challenging part of the entire trek. The trail is very steep until you reach the crater rim at Stella Point. We begin our descent by returning to Stella Point and then descending on scree slope and track back to Barafu Camp for breakfast, before finally heading down to Mweka Camp for a long well-earned rest.
Day 6: Trek Mweka Camp (3100 METERS) to Mweka Gate (1630 METERS)
After getting a breakfast, gentle trek takes us down through the rain forest to Mweka Gate, where we complete park formalities and receive certificates, which you can hang up with pride! After saying goodbye to your mountain guides, a short transfer follows to take you back to your hotel in Arusha. Once there. If you have safari, then might be used to beginning your safari or fly to beaches in Zanzibar so as we can arrange many reasonably priced trips and safaris around Arusha and the Kilimanjaro region. If you fly back home our vehicle will be ready to take you to the airport at your time.
- What To Expect- The climb is short, steep, and challenging, so this tour is for experienced climbers only.
- Three meals daily, all permits and camp fees, and transportation to and from Arusha or the Kilimanjaro airport is included.
- 6 days / 5 nights Kilimanjaro expedition Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro safely Experience the thrill of mountain climbing in Africa Hotel/airport pickup and drop-off included
- What Is Included- 2 nights’ accommodation at Peace Hotel in Arusha.
- All nights’ accommodation in Tents.
- Professional, experienced, mountain.
- All Park fees and Rescue fees.
- All meals while on the Mountain.
- Arrival and Departure transfers.
- Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees.
- Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food.
- Clean, purified drinking water.
- Fair and ethical treatment of porters.
- What Is Not Included- Flights tickets
- Visa fee
- Personal gear rental
- Items of a personal nature
- Laundry services
- Know Before You Go- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate