Day 1: Arusha to Machame Gate
Drive from Arusha to Machame Park Gate, for registrations formalities then we will start walk through the rain forest on a winding trail up a ridge. At lower elevations the trail can be muddy and slippery. Gaiters and trekking poles are a good idea here. We continue a short distance until we reach the Machame Camp.
Day 2: trek Machame Camp to Shira Camp
After breakfast we leave the glades of the rain forest and continue on an ascending path, crossing the valley along a steep rocky ridge. The route now turns west onto a river gorge until we arrive at the Shira campsite.
Day 3: trek Shira Camp to Barranco Camp
From the Shira Plateau we continue to the east up a ridge, passing the junction towards the peak of Kibo. As we continue, our direction changes to the South East towards the Lava Tower, called the Shark’s Tooth (elev 4650 m/15,250 ft). Shortly after the tower we come to the second junction which goes to the Arrow Glacier. We now continue down to the Barranco Camp. Although you end the day around the same elevation as when you began, this day is very important for acclimatization and will help your body prepare for summit day.
Day 4: trek Barranco Camp to Barafu Camp
After breakfast, we leave Barranco and continue on a steep ridge up the Barranco Wall (elev 4250 m/13,900 ft), through the Karanga Valley (elev 4050 m/13,250 ft) to the junction which connects with the Mweka Trail. We continue up to the Barafu Camp. You have completed the South Circuit, which offers views of the summit from many different angles. Here we make camp with views of the summit in the distance.
Day 5: Summit to Mweka Camp
Very early in the morning (midnight to 2 am), we continue our way to the summit between the Rebmann and Ratzel glaciers. You head in a northwesterly direction and ascend through heavy scree towards Stella Point on the crater rim. This is the most mentally and physically challenging portion of the trek. At Stella Point you will stop for a short rest and will be rewarded with the most magnificent sunrise you are ever likely to see. Faster hikers may view the sunrise from the summit, From Stella Point, you may encounter snow all the way on your 1-hour ascent to the summit. Once at Uhuru Peak you have reached the highest point on Mount Kilimanjaro and the continent of Africa, from the summit we begin our descent by continuing straight down to the Mweka Camp, stopping at Barafu for lunch. You may want gaiters and trekking poles for the loose gravel going down. We arrive at Mweka Camp and enjoy our last evening on the mountain.
Day 6: Mweka Camp to Arusha
After breakfast we continue the descent down to the Mweka Park Gate to receive your summit certificates. At lower elevations, it can be wet and muddy. Gaiters and trekking poles will help. Shorts and t-shirts will probably be plenty to wear; our driver will be at the get to transfer you back to the hotel in Arusha to end your best Kilimanjaro trekking tours.
- What Will You DoNormally it will take 6-8 days to reach the top of Mount Kilimanjaro through the trekking routes. So one must adapt to the hill conditions to avoid the illness middle of the trekking camp. Take necessary belongings along with medical equipment’s and trekking bag with you with less weight. Mostly Mount Kilimanjaro success rate depends on the traveler’s positive mindset to reach it without any issues. During the Kilimanjaro tours, you can view amazing sceneries with endless of sightseeing’s which is enough to register picture-perfect moments.
- What To ExpectKilimanjaro peak is one of the well-known and highest peak situated in Tanzania where thousands of people around the world successfully summit the peak every year. People always show more interest to summit the peak once in a lifetime to feel the thrilling environment out there. So Kilimanjaro tours seem most popular packages among the travel operators in African countries. Mount Kilimanjaro climb isn’t an easy task to achieve without proper practice and guidance. Therefore, get an excellent safari operator who has years of experience in Kilimanjaro trekking routes and high success rate in climbing to start the journey. Always, prefer to take an experienced guide along with you to avoid the misfortunes as well to know more information’s about trekking routes and natural environments.
- What Is Included- 2 Nights’ hotel accommodations
- Professional, experienced, mountain guides
- All Park fees, Rescue Fees
- All meals while on the Mountain
- Arrival and Departure transfers
- Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees
- Quality Mess tents with table and chairs
- Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food
- Clean, purified drinking water
- What Is Not Included- Tanzania Visa
- Personal Expenses
- Meals not listed above
- Optional Tours
- Transfers- Kilimanjaro Airport to Arusha
- We will send a driver to the airport to pick you up and take you to the hotel in Arusha. Orientation will take place at the hotel. Our guides will highlight all the important details regarding your trek and an inspection of your trekking gear will take place.