Évora is a dream in the middle of Alentejo region and now you have the chance to explore it at your own pace and create your unique personal experience at the wheel of a 100% electric vehicle: the Twizy!
This is the experience that you will not be able to miss while in Évora with freedom to go around or just follow our recommended tour!
Your journey starts with a presentation of our electric vehicle which is easy to drive and after you are comfortable with everything, you set off in this unique experience! A tour in the form of road trip through the narrow streets of Évora.
Pass inside the Door of Raimundo and drive yourself inside the city walls, admire the architecture and the labyrinthic roads: don’t worry! Just follow the tour directions and go to San Francisco Church that houses the Chapel of Bones. Can you read the inscription above the entrance?
You have plenty of time to tour and relax so why not visit the nearby park where you can find the Fake Ruins, putted together using part of several decayed monuments of the city. Here you can also find the occasional peacock just passing by!
It is wonderful to navigate this narrow streets but you can also stop at Giraldo Square which is the main place in Évora filled with cafés and 16th century buildings overlooking the square. Now a place to celebrate life it used to be the scenery for many executions during the inquisition.
It’s not by chance that the city is a UNESCO World Heritage site and one of the Most Ancient European Towns has wonders in every corner. Carry on driving and take some pictures on the Sé Cathedral of Évora or visit inside the various religious items including a fragment of the cross on which Jesus was crucified.
Just in front of the cathedral, you can’t miss out on the Roman influence on the city and a must go place is the Roman Temple, possibly attributed to the Hunting Goddess Diana. The Romans and Moors left their mark on Evora, and during the Middle Ages, the city flourished as kings and scholars built palaces, universities and religious monuments.
Have a jump to closer times and why not take a break to taste the famous Pão de Rala in the city’s most famous pastry shop? After this, steer away to surround the city and tour to the Alto of São Bento. A massive granite hill, adjacent to the city of Évora, is one of the highest points in the area which offers a great view of Évora. An incredible way to end this amazing tour that leads you to through paths mostly known only to locals.
- What Is Included- Rental of a Renault Twizy
- Tour with GPS GUIDE with duration of 4 hours
- Time to stop and Free Parking at several points of interest
- Free Wi-Fi for you and passenger
- Live Streaming of your experience to share with friends and family via Social Media
- Digital recording of the whole experience; a unique memory to later enjoy
- Civil Liability, Personal and Car Insurance
- Transfer at partner hotels – Hotel Convento Espinheiro, Évora Hotel e Tivoli Eco Resort
- What Is Not Included- Non partner Hotel or apartment pickup and drop-off, unless surcharge of 10€
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- 100€ deposit per car (to be refunded at end of tour)
- Know Before You Go- Children under 4 years are not allowed
- Maximum of 2 persons (including the driver) per car. The Renault Twizy is a two-seater car.
- Valid driving license required
- Children (under 18) must be accompanied by an adult. A booster seat can be provided on request with no extra costs.
- Our cars although amazingly fun are not very big so we advise to bring just essentials and avoid any luggage or big backpacks.
- Please remember to bring water, cables if you need to charge your mobile phone and be ready for a lot of fun!
- TransfersFree transfer at specific meeting points in Evora (Convento do Espinheiro Historic Hotel, Evora Hotel and Tivoli Evora EcoResort).
Transfer from other locations in Evora are available for an extra 10€.
Please let us know your choice of pickup point at the time of booking.