This is the experience that you will not be able to miss in Évora! Discover our prehistoric ancestors and can create your unique personal experience at the wheel of a 100% electric vehicle: the Twizy!
Your journey starts with a presentation of our electric vehicle: easy to drive, full automatic gears. Then we show you how to take advantage of the available technology for you: GPS Guide, free Wi-Fi and Record or Broadcast your experience via Social Media to all of your Friends and Family.
After you are comfortable with everything, you set off on your unique road trip. You have 3 hours to discover Dolmen’s, Cromlech’s, Menhir’s and other megalithic monuments that give you a glimpse of the past, with the inhabitants of the region leaving a long-lasting testament to their culture.
Tour the Village of Guadalupe, named from the hermitage Our Lady of Guadalupe. This is where thousands of years ago humans settled on a fertile and pleasant place for farming.
Drive next to the Almendres Menhir, a 4 meters tall stone associated to fertility due to its phallic nature and then to the Almendres Cromlech.
Little is known about the culture that raised this stones but some believe that it could have been an astronomical observatory or had some ritual or religious significance for those living around it. Find yourself some meaning on this tour and explore the circles and serpentine shapes and other carvings. Freely wander around the site and even touch the stones, a rare experience for such an historically important place.
Next stop is the Anta Grande do Zambujeiro, a dolmen considered as one of the biggest such structures in all of Iberia Peninsula and the final Megalithic monument to see on this tour.
Carry on driving along this countryside roads to find the ruins of Giraldo Castle near the village of Valverde. Records from the 15th century indicate that the castle was associated with Giraldo Sem Pavor (Fearless Giraldo), a warrior who conquered Évora from the Muslims in 1165.
Finish your tour with a visit to the Roman Villa of Tourega before heading back to Évora.
This wide thermal complex was part of an important Roman Villa and situated in Roman territory of Ebora Liberalitas Julia belonging to influential people of the time.
This amazing experience was designed to discover the oldest historical side of Évora and relax on a countryside road trip at your own pace. Book now if this is the way you like to explore!
- What Is Included- Rental of a Renault TWIZY
- Tour with GPS GUIDE with duration of 3 hours
- Time to stop and Free Parking at several points of interest
- Free Wi-Fi for you and passenger
- Live Streaming of your experience to share with friends and family via Social Media
- Digital recording of the whole experience; a unique memory to later enjoy
- Civil Liability, Personal and Car Insurance
- Free Drop-off and pick-up at partner hotels – Hotel Convento Espinheiro, Évora Hotel e Tivoli Eco Resort
- What Is Not Included- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- 100€ deposit per car (to be refunded at end of tour)
- Know Before You Go- Children under 4 years are not allowed
- Maximum of 2 persons (including the driver) per car. The Renault Twizy is a two-seater car.
- Valid driving license required
- Children (under 18) must be accompanied by an adult. A booster seat can be provided on request with no extra costs.
- Our cars although amazingly fun are not very big so we advise to bring just essentials and avoid any luggage or big backpacks.
- Please remember to bring water, cables if you need to charge your mobile phone and be ready for a lot of fun!
- TransfersFree transfer at specific meeting points in Evora (Convento do Espinheiro Historic Hotel, Evora Hotel and Tivoli Evora EcoResort).
Transfer from other locations in Evora are available for an extra 10€.
Please let us know your choice of pickup point at the time of booking.