Make your own way to the Kings Cross Holiday Inn for an early morning pick-up, where you’ll meet your guide and group of no more than 20 people. The journey to Port Stephens takes around 2.5 hours, so you can use the time to catch up on sleep, choose some tunes to put on the stereo, or get to know your fellow tour participants – with an age cap of 39 years and the tour aimed at students and backpackers, you’re sure to find something in common.
After a short stop to purchase drinks and snacks (optional), arrive at Shoal Bay, and take time to snap some photos of the beautiful beach, with its sandy shores set against a dramatic backdrop of Mount Tomaree. Enjoy a few hours of free time to swim and sunbath at the beach.
Meet back up with your guide for lunch and experience another quintessential Aussie pastime – a traditional BBQ in the park. Tuck into a delicious feast of meat or vegetarian options, and perhaps try local specialties such as kangaroo. After lunch, head over to Anna Bay, where optional activities include sandboarding, camel rides, and dolphin-watching tours (extra costs apply).
Back on the bus, continue to Mount Tomaree, where you can take in the scenery on a short walk through the Tomaree Headlands. After climbing up to the lookout point, you’ll be rewarded with spectacular views over Port Stephens, and the surrounding beaches and islands.
After a full day at the beach, head back to the city, where your tour ends with a free drink and nibbles at the Side Bar in Sydney.
- What Will You Do- Go sandboarding along the dunes
- Marvel at the views from Mount Tomaree
- Tuck into a delicious Aussie BBQ lunch in the park
- Travel with a group of like-minded backpackers and students, aged between 18 and 35 years
- What To Expect- Full-day tour of Port Stephens from Sydney
- Tour limited to 20 people ensures a personalized experience
- Optional activity to go dolphin watching
- What Is Included- Barbecue lunch with a side of veggies and Kangaroo
- Sandboarding (free) or discounted camel ride ($15)
- Amazing Beaches
- Wild Kangaroos (no zoos)
- A hike to an amazing lookout
- Pickup and drop-off at designated meeting points only
- What Is Not Included- Dolphin Watching (optional; AU$20,)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified (Lunch included)