From the bush and rivers in the north to the studios of Miramar in the south, we’ll show you much of the Wellington region as we visit places where many ‘Rings scenes were filmed. Included are walks in parks and natural areas and of course, lunch at Rivendell.
You will also be shown the famous movie production studios in Miramar and we’ll visit the famous Weta Cave. If you want to save a little, choose our standard tour to enjoy the Weta behind-the-scenes video. If you want the full experience, select the optional extra and include the Weta Cave Workshop Tour.
All our film location tours include explanations on filming techniques used, behind-the-scenes stories and information on current and future filming projects.
Please note a moderate to good level of fitness is recommended for this tour as we will be walking up and down bush tracks. The tracks are slippery in places so we recommend passengers wear suitable footwear as they feel necessary.
- What Will You Do- Enjoy a picnic lunch at Rivendell
- Visit Miramar studios, the home of New Zealand's movie industry
- Spending over an hour at the Weta Cave
Let us show you where they filmed:
- Helms Deep, Minas Tirith
- Gardens of Isengard, Hinged Trees of Isengard
- Aragorn Washed Ashore
- Hobbiton Woods
- What Is Included- Entrance fees
- National Park fees
- Exclusive on-location movie clips
- What Is Not Included- Other food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- TransfersWe offer 5 pickup locations through the city centre. Pickups from start to finish generally take 15 to 20 minutes, depending on traffic etc.
**** IMPORTANT: Please remember to advise us of your chosen pickup location.
1 - 9 Bunny Street outside McDonalds Restaurant (near Railway Station) - 10am.
2 - 75 Featherston Street outside Rydges Hotel - 10am.
3 - 150 Wakefield Street opposite Amora Hotel (near i-SITE) - 10:05am.
4 - 21 Cambridge Terrace outside xBase Backpackers - 10:15am.
5 - 292 Wakefield Street outside YHA - 10:15am.