Travel effortlessly up and down the Seven Hills of Rome and explore the greatest ruins of the Roman empire, the centre of the Western world for centuries. Rome was not built in a day but you can experience its glory in just a few hours. Ancient Rome will take shape before your eyes as your Segway effortlessly carries you to sights that are too spread out to see on a walking tour. An orientation session before the tour will teach you everything you need to know about segways. Beginners are welcome!
On this tour, you will see the Palatine Hill where legend says Romulus and Remus founded Rome and imagine how hills and fields transformed over centuries into the Eternal City. You will pass by the gargantuan Circus Maximus where crowds cheered for their chariot racers and then head up the Aventine Hill to the enchanting Orange Garden. Glide down to view the Ancient church of Santa Maria of Cosmedin where the remains of San Valentino (famous for Valentine’s day) are kept and where you will find the grandiose marble mask of the legendary Mouth of Truth.
Roll on up to the imposing Capitoline Hill, the most important Imperial Roman hill which now boasts Michelangelo’s fanciful redesign laid over the foundations of ancient structures. Finally, we will dive between the Imperial Roman Forums and glide past one of the world’s most impressive sights – the Colosseum.
- What Will You Do1. meet your guide and the segways at our shop in Piazza del Gesù 47
2. Get comfortable with the segways during a 30min training
3. Glide through Rome exploring Colosseum • Circus Maximus • Mouth of truth • Arch of Constantine • Avventine Hill • Michelangelo’s Campidoglio square • Capitol hill • Knights of Malta keyhole • Trajan Column • Roman Forum • Domus Augustiana on Palatine hill • Arch of Janus • Vestal Temple • panoramic view of Rome at the orange tree garden • Much More…
4. return safe back to the shop
- What To Expect- 3 hour Segway tour of Imperial Rome’s glorious monuments: the Colosseum, Circus Maximus, the road of the Roman Forum, Capitol hill and many more ancient monuments, temples and aqueducts along the way.
- Expert guidance at each location from your local, English-speaking guide.
- Small-group segway tour of up to 8 participants ensures personalized attention and extra safety from your guide.
- First time on a Segway? Not to worry! Our half hour orientation session before the start of each tour will give you all the practice you need to feel comfortable on a Segway in no time.
- Great Photo opportunities of Rome’s iconic sites and breathtaking, panoramic views of the Roman forum and ancient city which you can easily reach on your segway.
- A Perfect Segway Experience that will leave you with a Segway Smile.
- What Is Included- Insuarance
- Local guide
- Local taxes
- Ponchos in case of rain
- Segway tour
- Semi private tour with up to 8 participants
- What Is Not Included- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Know Before You Go- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Minimum age is 15 years