We are Chengdu insiders. Chengdu is home to our founder which makes your tour experience extra insightful and memorable. We’ll visit restaurants and flavors that she grew up with, and areas of the city that hold special memories for her and our other local guides. Take off in your own Tuktuk and get off the beaten path to see and experience where the locals eat at family-run Chengdu restaurants. Cover over 8km by Tuktuk to discover the backstreets and communities of the city with us for an experience you won’t forget!
EVENING FOOD TOUR BY TUKTUK
TU-SUN AT 6:30PM
Tuktuks, dumplings, beer, noodles, local alcohol, spicy sichuan dishes, and a few more surprises sum up this delicious off-the-beaten-path experience.
Unlimited Food & Beer
Approx 8km Traveled by Tuktuk
Duration: Approx 3.5 Hours
This is our most popular food tour in Xian! You will meet at an easy-to-find central location and then wind your way through the narrow streets and alleys by tuktuk within Xian’s City Wall to find the best food in the city. We’ll take you places where only locals go. You’ll cover a lot of ground and get off the beaten path to family-run restaurants that you (and other tourists) won’t find on your own. Between food stops, you’ll be able to chat with your English-speaking guide about the city while drinking unlimited chilled beer and soda during the ride.
While visiting our 4-5 food stops, you will get to learn about the families that have been making their specialties for generations. You’ll watch your food being made and learn about what makes it so special to Xian locals. Whether it’s sitting by an old man grilling meat over coals in a quaint Muslim Quarter alleyway, or watching noodles hand-cut to order, there is something to try for everyone.
The tour will finish at the only local brewery in Xian where you can tour the facility and sample what’s on tap before we treat you to a pint of your choice.
Child prices are valid for children between the ages of 4 through 15. 3 and under free.
- What Is Included- Try over 10 different dishes and enjoy unlimited beer while visiting 4-5 local Chengdu restaurants only locals know about
- Meet your guide at a central subway station (detailed provided by email after booking) to meet your guide and new friends for the night (maximum group size is 10 people)
- Zoom through the streets of Chengdu on your own Lost Plate tuktuk, stocked with unlimited beer and soda (this is not a walking tour)
- Discover a hidden residential house and be welcomed inside for some of the best homemade dumplings in China
- Sip on some homemade Chinese Wine, this is unlike anything you’ve had before!
- Have a go at Chengdu’s spicy specialties and see how much you can handle!
- Try the best version of Chengdu’s most popular street snack, Sichuan stuffed pancakes, only found on the streets of Chengdu
- Try all of Chengdu’s famous noodle varieties to find your favorite
- Choose your own meats and vegetables to be prepared using one of Chengdu’s famous hotpot techniques
- Discover a very unique Chengdu bar that offers local beer and rice wine to relax and sip a pint with the locals