This is where our tours started! Our top-rated food tours are the #1 activity to do in Xian and include tuktuk transportation and unlimited food & beverages (including beer). You’ll be whisked through 5km of the city’s streets and alleys by private TukTuk to try the best food in Xian and eat where the locals eat. We guarantee you’ll get off the beaten path to places you would never find on your own! Our tour visits the most traditional eats you’ll find in the hidden corners of Xian’s famous Muslim Quarter, plus a few more favorites as we explore the entire city center and cruise past the ancient city walls.
You will meet at an easy-to-find central location to taste some of Xi’an’s best dishes on a 3-hour morning food tour led by an experienced guide.
Travel off the beaten path in your own tuk-tuk, venturing into hidden streets and quaint alleyways within Xian’s city walls to find popular eateries. Enjoy a classic breakfast, sipping morning tea, tasting snacks from street vendors, and exploring the largest market in Xi’an with your informative guide on this fun and fascinating food tour.
The tour includes at least 3 seated food stops where you can watch your food prepared while you wait, a few street-food stalls that serve Xian’s most popular breakfast items, and a fascinating walk through the city’s largest and oldest market. The market is more than just about food, this is absolutely the best way to experience the local culture and life of Xian locals. There’s more than enough food to cover your breakfast and lunch!
Child prices are valid for children between the ages of 4 through 15. 3 and under free.
- What Is Included- Taste what’s so special about breakfast in Xian by visiting family-owned restaurants and street stalls that are only open in the morning…they sell out before lunch!
- Arrive at our meeting location near the Bell Tower (details provided by email after booking) to meet your guide, tuktuks, and new friends for the morning (our tours are small groups of 10 people or less).
- Start by visiting our favorite morning shop that only sells one thing, and you’ll watch your food prepared fresh to order. Don’t forget your camera!
- Ride over to a local alley for a bowl of Xian’s most famous breakfast dish, a hearty stew that sells out every morning. We’ll make sure we get there before the last bowl is served.
- Walk through one of China’s oldest and largest markets to see a variety of local produce and a surprising selection of pets, local art, and unique hand-made gifts. We’ll keep the biggest surprise a secret until you see it for yourself!
- Visit a couple market stalls to eat some of the best local street food in the streets of Xian, and even try your hand at preparing it yourself.
- No meal in Xian is complete without hand-pulled noodles, made to order while you watch.
- We’ll finish at a central location with the afternoon left for you to explore the city center of Xian!
Tip: All of our morning tour stops are different from our evening tour stops.