We are Chengdu insiders. Chengdu is home to Lost Plate’s founder which makes your tour experience extra insightful and memorable. We’ll visit restaurants and flavors that she grew up with, and areas of the city that hold special memories for her and our other local guides. Take off in your own Tuktuk and get off the beaten path to see and experience where the locals eat at family-run Chengdu restaurants. Cover over 8km by Tuktuk to discover the backstreets and communities of the city with us for an experience you won’t forget!
Meet your local guide near the Narrow Wide Alley and Chengdu’s Peoples Park (central location) at 4pm to embark on a memorable journey through the city’s most popular pastimes. Enjoy a short walk into a beautiful outdoor courtyard to savor local tea and snacks with locals. Learn about the local tea culture while capturing photos of the incredible tea-house.
While exploring the neighborhood you’ll stop for a few popular street snacks. At the wet market, you’ll learn about the spices and ingredients that are essential to Sichuan cooking. See the ingredients that are used to make Sichuan hotpot. Next, enjoy a full hotpot feast that is complete with two types of soup and an array of meats, vegetables and local dishes. Don’t worry about what to order or how to prepare these traditional dishes as your knowledgeable guide will share tips. End your night at the boutique bar with locally made fruit wine.
Child prices are valid for children between the ages of 4 through 15. 3 and under free.
- What Is Included- Arrive at a central location near the Narrow Wide Alley (location provided by email) to meet your local guide and new friends for the night (maximum group size is 8 people)
- Discover a beautiful outdoor courtyard and enjoy tea & snacks at a local teahouse
- Visit a local wet market to learn about the spices and ingredients essential to Sichuan cooking
- Learn about the ingredients used to make hotpot and discover some unusual produce that you may not find back home
- Sip on some homemade Chinese Alcohol from the market marinated with different herbs and fruits and see for yourself what the locals drink in Chengdu
- Enjoy a full hotpot feast, complete with two types of soup and an array of meats, vegetables and local dishes
- Finish the night at a boutique bar with locally made fruit wine
- Explore this quaint neighbourhood by foot while walking 5-10 minutes between each stop
- Tip: Explore the Narrow Wide Alley area and People’s Park before your tour, both within walking distance of our meeting location