Fátima, where the Virgin Mary appeared to the three little shepherds, is an important and impressive pilgrimage place. Visit Aljustrel, the village where the shepherds and their birth was the first apparition of Our Lady of Fatima.
After a stop for lunch, you’ll head to Batalha. You will visit the town of Batalha and its imposing Batalha Monastery, with over 600 years, that was recognised as a UNESCO World Heritage site. These monuments are incredibly well-preserved, given their nearly 800 years of life. They are wonders to experience, and make for some wonderful photo opportunities.
Finally, you will end in Óbidos, the beautiful and ancient Medieval village in the hills of Portugal. You’ll walk along the fortified walls and enjoy the typical drink of the region – Ginjinha served in a chocolate cup!
- What Will You DoSee Fátima, where the Virgin Mary appeared to the three little shepherds, is an important and impressive pilgrimage place. Then travel through the region with your guide, visit Batalha Monastery, before ending in Óbidos for a taste of the local Ginja.
- What To Expect- Fatima, a place of worship and peace.
- Batalha, the superb monument of the fourteenth century.
- Óbidos, the medieval village and its magical liqueur, Ginjinha!
- What Is Included- Hotel pick-up.
- Private tour.
- Transportation by private, air-conditioned vehicle.
- Free wifi.
- What Is Not Included- Meals.
- Entrance fees to places to visit.
- Tips are optional.