Your tour departs from central Barcelona, from which we will head for the village of Monistrol de Montserrat. From Monistrol we will take the “Cremallera de Montserrat”, a cogwheel train offering great views of the countryside and the mountain.
Once at the Monastery your guides will then transmit their passion and knowledge of the landmark to you – history, legends and the importance of this site in the development of Catalonia. After walking through the monastery, you will have some free time for shopping at the Farmer’s Market or taking a few pictures at the Stairway to Heaven.
It is now time for food and wine! Only a short drive away awaits Oller del Mas Cellar, located in a 10th century castle. Located in a 10th century castle at the feet of Montserrat, this ecological family-run winery is surely one of a kind. Upon arrival, you will enjoy a welcome drink with an artisanal cheese platter.
Your local guide will lead a visit to the vineyards, the old family cellar, and certain private areas of the castle. To end this perfect day, you will sample three château ecological wines paired with a local cold tapas lunch.
- What Will You Do9:45 am - Meet at Plaza Catalunya (by the Hard Rock Café)
10:00 am - Tour departure
11:00 am - Arrival to Monistrol de Montserrat
11:15 am - Cogwheel train to Montserrat Monastery
11:30 am - Guided visit through Montserrat
1:35 pm - Departure from Montserrat
2:15 pm - Guided visit to a boutique winery
2:30 pm - Local wine tasting and tapas lunch
3:30 pm - Stroll through the vineyards and wine-making facilities
4:15 pm - Departure from the winery
5:15 – 5:45 pm - Arrival to Barcelona**
** Please note that the way back to Barcelona takes around 1 h – 1 h 30 minutes depending on traffic condit
- What To Expect- Late start, perfect if you want to join a morning tour without missing on the Barcelona nightlife!
- Incredible views from the cogwheel train on the ride up to Montserrat
- Enjoy an extended guided visit through Montserrat Monastery
- Browse the souvenir shop and the Farmer’s Market
- Attend the Boys’ Choir performance (L’Escolania)*
- Tour through a boutique winery
- Learn about local wine-making process at an estate winery
- Taste local wines paired with the best local tapas
*Please note that l’Escolania does not sing on several dates throughout the year.
- What Is Included- Shared transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned bus
- Local English-speaking guide
- Cogwheel train ticket
- Guided visit to Montserrat Monastery
- One hour free time at Montserrat*
- Delicious tapas lunch and dessert
- Visit a family-run winery
- Three local wine tasting
* Please note that the free time during this tour does not allow enough time to visit the Museum of Montserrat or ride the funicular. Check our full-day Montserrat, Food & Wine Tour if you are interested in these activities.
- What Is Not Included- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Know Before You Go- Usually group size is maximum 16 people per guide, although we reserve the right to extend the limit to 18.
- Transportation will be shared with other groups.
- Please note that we reserve the right to modify itinerary if considered necessary.
- Please notify us if you are interested in hearing the boys' choir during this experience. Please note that the Boys’ Choir doesn’t perform on Saturdays, school holidays and several other dates throughout the year.
- We work daily with different low-production, family-owned boutique wineries. Due to logistic reasons, you might visit another cellar instead of Oller del Mas.
- If you have reduced mobility, contact us before booking. We’ll do our best to welcome you on board!
- Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended as there is some walking involved.
- Temperatures in Montserrat and the winery tend to be more extreme than in Barcelona. Please check the weather forecast the day before and dress accordingly. We recommend to bring a bottle of water during summer season.
- Infants aged 3 or less may join the tour free of charge, but note that no car seat or meals are provided.
- We cater for any dietary allergies or restrictions.