Enjoy a return scenic flight from Queenstown to Milford Sound with approximately 2 hours on the ground to explore the shores. A chance to do Milford differently and capture a different perspective away from the crowds.
Experience unimpaired views from your window seat of our fixed- wing aircraft as we fly you over Lake Wakatipu, the glacier-fed braided rivers of the Dart River Valley and into the World Heritage Area of Mt. Aspiring National Park. With endless snow-covered mountains, the Olivine Ice Plateau, Mt. Tutoko and the Tutoko Glacier just some of the incredible highlights along the way, it really is an unforgettable experience.
You will have the opportunity to explore the shores for approximately 2 hours, with two to three short walks, taking you to unmissable vantage points and through awesome wilderness. Wander through beech forest and along the sandy shores of majestic Milford Sound, offering some of the best views of iconic Mitre Peak, standing a proud 1,692 metres above sea level. Learn more about the area through the interpretive visitor panels and take a moment to enjoy the best seat in the house, the Milford Sound swing – you may have seen the gorgeous photos on your Instagram feed.
Finish off with a bite to eat from Discover Milford Café or bring your own picnic and enjoy lunch with a view on the benches overlooking Mitre Peak before meeting your pilot for another epic 45 minute return scenic flight to Queenstown.
- What To Expect- Return sightseeing flight from Queenstown to Milford Sound
- Fly over the glaciers and peaks of Mount Aspiring National Park
- See some of the South Island's most rugged terrain
- Descend into Milford Sound for unmatched views
- Spend 2 hours on the ground exploring the shores.
- Return flight to Queenstown via Lake Wakatipu
- What Is Included- Courtesy transport to and from most Queenstown accommodation included if required.
- Return scenic flight to Milford Sound - different flight paths each way.
- A highly skilled local pilot who will provide interesting and informative commentary.
- What Is Not Included- Food and drinks
- Know Before You Go- The flight to Milford is subject to weather conditions, we recommend that you book this activity as early as possible, to allow the chance to reschedule, if necessary
- Wear warm clothing, waterproof jacket, shorts or light trousers, change of clothes, comfortable shoes, drink bottle, sun hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and insect repellent
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements when booking
- This tour / activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers