The tour will begin with a visit to the Castle, where is possible to see the oldest archaeological vestiges of Lisbon, with three thousand years of History, and enjoy the medieval environment. Inside the Castle, the city reveals itself in 360 degrees.
Then, get into the sounds, smells and beauty of the ancient Alfama alleyways and experience a city that has undergone centuries of multiple influences.
Visit the Roman Theatre and “S. Vicente de Fora” Church, inspired in S. Peter’s Basilica, in Rome, which is one of the most interesting and least visited churches in Lisbon. Visit Comércio Square, one of the world’s most beautiful square, touched by Tagus River and shining throughout the year.
We will also take you to discover the Art of Ceramic Tiles at Tiles Museum, an amazing Museum with a great collection of Portuguese tiles panels. Then, we will take you to visit the iconic Baixa, Príncipe Real and Bairro Alto, and will stop to enjoy the views in some of Lisbon belvederes.
You will visit S. Roque’s Church and its Museum, where some of Europe’s greatest treasures are kept. After it, we will go down the hill and be charmed by Chiado, where shops have absorbed the glamour of multiple decades.
Mosteiro dos Jerónimos, Lisbon’s ex-libris and the maximum exponent of Europe’s last gothic style, will be the next stop. We will give you time to taste a gastronomic sweet wonder, the delicious “pastel de Belem”! Finish your tour at Tagus River mouth, next to the Torre de Belém, the symbol of the city and of Portuguese nationality.
- What Will You Do1. Hotel pickup
2. Nossa Senhora do Monte Belvedere
3. S. Vicente de Fora Church
4. S. Jorge Castle
6. Roman Theatre
7. Lisbon Cathedral
8. Lunch: Free Time
9. Tile Museum
10. Terreiro do Paço
12. Príncipe Real
13. S. Pedro de Alcântara Belvedere
14. S. Roque Church
15. S. Roque Museum
17. Jerónimos Monastery
18. “Pastéis de Belém” tasting
19. Belém Tower
20. Hotel Drop-off
- What To Expect- Private full-day tour of Lisbon
- Marvel at the ancient São Jorge Castle and Alfama neighbourhood
- Admire Portuguese art in the Tile Museum and São Vicente de Fora Church
- Pleasure your palate with a delicious pastel de belem in Belém
- Receive undivided attention from a private guide
- What Is Included- Private tour
- Driver/guide (full time trip leader)
- Tourist luxury vehicle
- Comfort pack (fresh waters and cleaning wipes)
- Roman Theatre Tickets
- "Pastel de Nata" tasting
- Hotel pickup and drop-off - for Lisbon central hotels, Lisbon cruise terminal, or Lisbon airport.
- What Is Not Included- Entrance fees (Tickets: S. Jorge Castle 8.50€‚ Student and Senior 5€; Tile Museum 5€, Student and Senior 2.5€‚ S. Roque Museum 2.5€).
- Food and drinks.
- Pickup and drop-off does not include luggage transport.
- Gratuities (optional).
- Know Before You Go- Dress code is smart casual, recommended comfortable clothing and shoes
- We recommend: Buy S. Jorge Castle online ticket in advance
- Infant seats are available on request, if advised at time of booking. Portuguese law stipulates that children under 12 years of age and 135 cm in height, when transported in a car with safety belts, must travel in an approved restraint system adapted to their size and weight. Please let us know if you have children and their ages. This service does not have any additional cost.