Departing Melbourne at around 8.00am, we pass through Western Plains of Victoria on our way to historic Ballarat. Ballarat boomed in the 1850’s with the widespread discovery of gold in the district. Learn a little about the history as we enjoy some morning tea here at the site of the infamous Eureka Rebellion. Continuing on our drive through the picturesque western volcanic plains, we pass through the town of Moyston, the birthplace of Australian Rules Football.
We then arrive at the foot of the Grampians Range or Gariwerd in the local Jardwadjali language. On arrival we immerse ourselves in the Australian bush with a gentle stroll to the delightful Silverband Falls.
We next make our way into the township of Halls Gap for our included lunch. Keep an eye open for the local kangaroos and abundant birdlife that can be seen in the main street. After lunch we head to the Wonderland Turntable for a short hike to the Grand Canyon. Marvel at the high rising rock walls, crisscrossed with layering and fault lines, showcasing the area’s unique geology. Stunning panoramas await at Reeds Lookout which overlooks the towering Stringybark Forest and Victoria Valley
Next stop is MacKenzie Falls. No trip to the Grampians would be complete without a visit to these majestic falls. Marvel as water cascades down over the rocks, set in a gorge surrounded by eucalyptus forest. Walk the Bluff trail along the top of the cliffs to the panoramic view point of the falls or journey down the stairs to the base of the steep gorge and gaze up at this truly impressive waterfall.
Our next port of call is the Boroka Lookout. Boroka provides panoramic views of the surrounding region overlooking the town of Halls Gap and further afield to Lake Bellfield and beyond. We then make our way back into Halls Gap for a final opportunity to spot some of the area’s wild kangaroo population before beginning our return to Melbourne.
A dinner stop is made on the return journey to Melbourne. After dinner enjoy the use of our complimentary onboard Wi-Fi, before enjoying a stunning view of the illuminated city as we complete the return journey return. With drop off right back to your inner city accommodation, you’ll remember this day as a true highlight
of your Australian holiday.
- What Will You Do- Discover the beauty of the Grampians National Park and be ready for wild animal sightings
- Do an easy stroll to enjoy the amazing tranquility of Silverband Falls and explore the Grampians township of Halls Gap
- Have morning tea for breakfast Eureka Stockade Memorial in Ballarat and lunch in Halls Gap
- Take a short hike from the Wonderland Turntable into the spectacular Grand Canyon
- Experience the magnificent MacKenzies Falls and enjoy spectacular panoramic views from Reeds Lookout, and over the mountain range from Boroka Lookout
- What Is Included- Guided tour of Grampians National Park
- Morning tea at the Eureka Stockade Memorial in Ballarat
- Roundtrip transportation to and from your Melbourne hotel
- Onboard Wi-Fi
- Live tour commentary provided in English
- What Is Not Included- Other unmentioned meal
- Beverages, bottled water, and snacks
- Gratitudes (optional)
- TransfersAll guests MUST call and confirm travel details and provide a contact number at least 24 hrs prior to departure.
We offer hotel pickup from many different hotels located across inner Melbourne. If you would like to check if we collect from your accommodation, please contact us after booking.